Problem converting Feeble Files Cutscenes

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GinSoakedBoy

Problem converting Feeble Files Cutscenes

Post by GinSoakedBoy »

I've managed to extract the png files and wav file from an smk. But whenever I run 'encode_dxa airlock' (or any other cutscene) I get the following error message:

"Encoding audio...'lame' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Got error from encoder. (check your parameters)
Encoder Commandline: lame -t --vbr-new -b 24 -q 2 -V 4 -B 64 "airlock.wav" "airlock.mp3""

Also, if I remove or rename the .wav file the video will encode fine (minus the audio).

I have plenty of hdd space so I just need the quickest easiest way of encoding the files.

Thanks
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Problem converting Feeble Files Cutscenes

Post by Raziel »

GinSoakedBoy wrote:I've managed to extract the png files and wav file from an smk. But whenever I run 'encode_dxa airlock' (or any other cutscene) I get the following error message:

"Encoding audio...'lame' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Got error from encoder. (check your parameters)
Encoder Commandline: lame -t --vbr-new -b 24 -q 2 -V 4 -B 64 "airlock.wav" "airlock.mp3""

Also, if I remove or rename the .wav file the video will encode fine (minus the audio).

I have plenty of hdd space so I just need the quickest easiest way of encoding the files.
Thanks
You have to specify which audio encoder to use:

--mp3 for hmm, mp3? (never heard of that! :-))
-- flac for FreeLosslessAudioCodec and
--vorbis for .ogg

then you have to specify at least one quality options, that is either

-q (1-9) or
-b 128 (for mp3 i.e.)

your full line should be

encode_dxa.exe --mp3 -q 5 airlock
or
encode_dxa.exe --mp3 -b 128 airlock, same goes for vorbis

encode_dxa.exe --vorbis -q 5 airlock (which i use here)

of course you have to ensure "lame" is in your path...

btw: i have a little Pentium here doing the encoding...well, see you next year :lol:
GinSoakedBoy

Post by GinSoakedBoy »

Cheers Raziel, I'd like to think I'm fairly good with computers, but I'm rubbish with the command prompt.

The encoding is going pretty slowly for me and I have a 64-bit system. There's over 300 files so this could take a while.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

GinSoakedBoy wrote:Cheers Raziel, I'd like to think I'm fairly good with computers, but I'm rubbish with the command prompt.

The encoding is going pretty slowly for me and I have a 64-bit system. There's over 300 files so this could take a while.
No problem :-)

Fellow Adventurers are always welcome...

Heh, i even encode the 6th .dxa atm ... and it isn't even the biggest... :lol:
GinSoakedBoy

Post by GinSoakedBoy »

This really is gonna take ages, it took a little over 40mins just to batch convert the videos to png images (over 75200 png images). Is it possible to play the game just having converted the intro movies?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

GinSoakedBoy wrote:This really is gonna take ages, it took a little over 40mins just to batch convert the videos to png images (over 75200 png images). Is it possible to play the game just having converted the intro movies?
DXA compression took over 6 hours on my 3000+ Athlon64. As of playing without videos, you may lose big parts of game, not to say that in some cases videos are required for gameplay, like in arcade sequences.

Eugene
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

GinSoakedBoy wrote:This really is gonna take ages, it took a little over 40mins just to batch convert the videos to png images (over 75200 png images). Is it possible to play the game just having converted the intro movies?
Hehe, i ain't able to batch-convert them, on my Win98 Pentium slow mobile it crashes as soon as
BinkConv is started a third time, so i had to write my own script for "every single file" and
pause it inbetween - talking about fun :-)

Anyway it took ME 40 minutes to encode a SINGLE file, so stop moaning ;-)

Take your time, really it's worth it, believe me
GinSoakedBoy

Post by GinSoakedBoy »

I've got about 95% of the way into it before, but I forgot about the arcade bits.

What command do I need to put to batch convert the png and wavs?
Phil

Post by Phil »

so, is anybody out there ready yet? i am and i've got a little question. the feeble files are running great but at the beginning (title screen: new game, load game...) there is no sound at all. is that normal? or did i miss any sound file? as soon as i begin a new game sound's starting. thanks right now for your answers.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

GinSoakedBoy wrote:I've got about 95% of the way into it before, but I forgot about the arcade bits.

What command do I need to put to batch convert the png and wavs?
err?
encode_dxa.exe --vorbis -q 5 <name of the dxa to be converted>

Should already be in your batch file, shouldn't it?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Phil wrote:so, is anybody out there ready yet? i am and i've got a little question. the feeble files are running great but at the beginning (title screen: new game, load game...) there is no sound at all. is that normal? or did i miss any sound file? as soon as i begin a new game sound's starting. thanks right now for your answers.
As far as I know, that's normal. The game does not seem o have any music, other than during some cutscenes.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Phil wrote:so, is anybody out there ready yet? i am and i've got a little question. the feeble files are running great but at the beginning (title screen: new game, load game...) there is no sound at all. is that normal? or did i miss any sound file? as soon as i begin a new game sound's starting. thanks right now for your answers.
Hmm, i only know the Amiga/Mac version and there is no sound at that screen, may be another case with the PC version, but i don't think so...?