What files do I need for Discworld 2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Zorlon

What files do I need for Discworld 2

Post by Zorlon »

If I was to create a few discs to cover each Act or 2 discs with a number of Act's, I'm sure this is possible but at the moment lack CD's to fully test things out

what files are needed by what chapter?
Act 1 start of (first area after cut scenes)
Act 1 ???
Act 2 start of (first area after cut scenes)
Act 2 ???
Act 3 start of (first area after cut scenes)
Act 3 ???
Act 4 start of (first area after cut scenes)
Act 4 ???
Act 5 start of (first area after cut scenes)
Act 5 ???
Files needed by all
Boot files needed (Intro stuff before load screen)

Did try ripping CD1 only and making 0 byte dummy files from CD2 but it seems that there are some files still needed, it worked just fine then I went for the gardens at the start of the game and got a black screen

Well when I say fine I do get lag from CD access, same as Discworld 1

EDIT: Nevermind no files from CD2 are needed, the game just does not work in the Dreamcast port, I done a test propper install and never asked for disc 2 going to the same area the dreamcast fails to load and also tested the win32 port of SCUMMVM with the same files including my dummy 0 byte CD2 files and the game runs smoothly and loads the are the dreamcast can't

Yet another none working game... sigh was looking good aswell, well it did lag

I presume I would of needed atleast the files from the start of disc2 anyway for this to work as from what I have read is that disc swops don't work too well or something so idea would of been to save at the start of CD2 while still running the first disc with very few of CD2 files enough to be able to save then shut down and boot CD2