Indjana jones 4 talkie

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Cassius

Indjana jones 4 talkie

Post by Cassius »

How do I get Indjana jones 4 talkie to run with speech ? I get music, but no speech or sound. I know it is the talkie version, because when speech only is selected no dialouge appears.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Can you provide us with a listing of the game files you copied from your original disk, together with their sizes?
Cassius

Post by Cassius »

Yes I can

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Cassius wrote:Yes I can

Ah yeah, AFAIK the dreamcast port does not support OGG/Vorbis compressed sound files, thus just recopy the MONSTER.SOU file from your CD again.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Try using the original uncompressed speech files instead, perhaps they will work better for the Dreamcast port

Edit: LordHoto beat me to it :P
Cassius

Post by Cassius »

Just to clarify, how big should what file be ?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Cassius wrote:Just to clarify, how big should what file be ?
It should be over 100MB IIRC, anyway it should be in the "ATLANTIS" directory of your CD, next to all the other data files.
DCDayDreamer

Post by DCDayDreamer »

With this version of the game MP3 compression seems to perform better on the Dreamcast (at least for me). Having said that, 0.12.0 was the last official version I used to play the game, but I'm sure things should have improved with uncompressed files since then. I would suggest creating one CDR with uncompressed files and another with MP3 compressed files, then test which one performs best for you (but looking at the picture that was posted, that's not the file structure from an original disk).

If you just want to play safe and use one CDR, go for that game alone, use MP3 compression, and also add a dummy file when you build the disk.

Example:

000DUMMY.DAT
ATLANTIS.000
ATLANTIS.001
IP.BIN
MONSTER.SO3
SCUMM.PLG
SCUMMVM.BIN
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Looks to me as if Cassius is yet another Warez user. Maybe a good time to stop this thread.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

I don't see what's so wrong with that file layout myself. It matches what I see on my original CD after all. Apart from the SOG of course, but who's to say he didn't just convert the SOU to SOG and delete the original?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

marzipan wrote:I don't see what's so wrong with that file layout myself. It matches what I see on my original CD after all. Apart from the SOG of course, but who's to say he didn't just convert the SOU to SOG and delete the original?
Dunno but this looks strange:
Cassius wrote:Just to clarify, how big should what file be?
There should only be one file named like that in the ATLANTIS directory of the CD. So this question's nature is rather questionable.

Anyway locking this thread now.