No Music?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

StyrofoamCup

No Music?

Post by StyrofoamCup »

Just got done burning my copy of ScummVM for the Dreamcast, but there seems to be a problem-- all of the sound effects play just fine, but there's no music.

I kind of wasn't expecting there to be any anyway, because of all the sound settings you have to do in the PC version of ScummVM (or in the standalone games themselves).

Is there supposed to be music, or is the feature not available at this time?[/i]
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Which game(s)?

Eugene
DCDayDreamer

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Some of the SVN builds for DC didn't play music in games (pre 0.X.0 SVN's), I can't remember which ones exactly (May/June builds), I tested quite a few of them and a couple had music disabled/broken. I didn't file a bug report because the next build I tried had music playing again, the official release (0.X.0) plays music just fine with all the games I've tested.

Which version of ScummVM are you using?, and (as already asked by Sev) which game(s)?.
StyrofoamCup

Post by StyrofoamCup »

I grabbed the 0.X.0 release for the Dreamcast. I'm trying to run Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max Hit the Road, Maniac Mansion, The Secret of Monkey Island, and Monkey Island 2.

The only thing I can think of that I did different than the norm was use the BASS 1st_read.bin like the person in the thread before me did.
DCDayDreamer

Post by DCDayDreamer »

I can confirm that music in some LucasArts games does not work with ScummVM 0.X.0 Dreamcast version, I've only tested Maniac Mansion, Sam & Max, and DOTT so far and no music plays.

Music in BASS obviously works with this version because I tested it thoroughly with two speed runs through the game with both CD and Floppy versions before I released a CD image. I'll do some more extensive tests with all the supported games that I have as soon as I get the chance.
Big robot Bill

Post by Big robot Bill »

Heh, I thought I had some weird glitch when I burned my multi-game disc.

So, I can also confirm that DOTT and Sam and Max do not work with sound (along with GOB3 causing a reset when any speech bubbles are loaded).
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Big robot Bill wrote:So, I can also confirm that DOTT and Sam and Max do not work with sound (along with GOB3 causing a reset when any speech bubbles are loaded).
That is quite interesting - can I ask you to comment on this bug? Just stating that it occurs on the Dreamcast as well should suffice.
ramzeva

Post by ramzeva »

After finally figuring out how to create my own ScummVM CD, I tried DoTT and Indiana Jones FOA and nither had sound or music, using ScummVM 0.X.0 and the 1st_read.bin from BASS.

Update:
Ok no sound or music using OGG audio, but using the original audio I had sound/speech but no music.