Blade Runner on Dreamcast

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tsowell

Re: Blade Runner on Dreamcast

Post by tsowell »

Praetorian wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:56 amThose are some great news. I am very interested to see what you have achieved, when you are ready to share the code.

I still have it as a todo task to revisit the video codec code, but it could be some time before I get round to it.
I think everything I've done is Dreamcast-specific - I don't know what will be useful on other platforms. I might just post a diff because I probably won't have more time to spend on it for a while.

For the VQA code, I modified it to queue up 8 blocks at a time so that each row in the batch fits into an SH-4 store queue.
Kasenshlogga

Re: Blade Runner on Dreamcast

Post by Kasenshlogga »

Wesker wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:57 pm Thank you for checking that out. I thought The Curse of Monkey Island ran well at first but slowly starts having problem when the game progresses and starts to load extensively, especially regarding sound issues. Could you try to play it without sound to see if the game runs better?

Hoping that with this upgraded and some fixes, almost all the ScummVM games can now be played and completed on Dreamcast. Who knows if this will give new life to a reworked Dreamcast version of ResidualVM, because its 3D games could fit the Dreamcast pretty well. I will probably consider doing the 32MB RAM upgrade to my Dreamcast sometime in the future since it seems that's going to open lots of possibilities, especially regarding interpreters.
Why would anyone want this though. The Dreamcast is a dead platform and the Raspberry Pi exists. Put a Pi Zero into a Dreamcast case if it makes you happy. :mrgreen: