Neverhood can't load game saves

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

alex81

Neverhood can't load game saves

Post by alex81 »

Game saved fine, but then i try load game, game not see game save, it's bug Scummvm 1.7.0?
I run original English version on Dreamcast.
alex81

Post by alex81 »

Has anyone solved the problem with saving?
Dreamcast version Neverhood is slow, I hope in the new version scummvm, it will run faster.

Neverhood launch on Dreamcast from IDE Dreamshell
http://youtu.be/TDIkXP_fGYE
kremiso

Re: Neverhood can't load game saves

Post by kremiso »

not an elegant solution, i know, but i 'fixed' this hexediting the corresponding plugin,
shortening the savefile name string into that, i.e. NEVERHOO.xxx instead of NEVERHOOD.xxx
1 less char is enough in this case
tsowell

Post by tsowell »

The official Dreamcast backend has problems with saves in engines whose names are longer than 8 characters.

My alternate backend supports long filenames for save files and otherwise handles saves the same way as other standard backends, so it might be worth trying if you’re having problems with the official backend.
kremiso

Post by kremiso »

tsowell wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:07 am The official Dreamcast backend has problems with saves in engines whose names are longer than 8 characters.

My alternate backend supports long filenames for save files and otherwise handles saves the same way as other standard backends, so it might be worth trying if you’re having problems with the official backend.
i'll do some tries with your backend and Mohawk games (Myst/Riven)
just curious to see if i can finally reach to reload the gamesave, unlike the standard DC one