Lost in Time CDDA problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

VasiliyR

Lost in Time CDDA problem

Post by VasiliyR »

I have Lost in Time cd version with cdda. I took cdda out with isobuster then rebuild the image with that track for using on Dreamcast. The game works great BUT when first fmv scene started when woman talk with black guy there are no voices and no subtitles ! Is there any fix for that ?
Last edited by VasiliyR on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorched Earth

Post by Scorched Earth »

I'll assume that you mean that you rebuilt a ScummVM data files disc, with cd-da?

The FAQ here may help.
http://www.scummvm.org/faq/#4_1
ScummVM fully supports CD audio in Gobliins (CD), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (FM-TOWNS), Loom (CD & FM-TOWNS), Monkey Island 1 (CD, FM-TOWNS & SegaCD) and Zak McKracken (FM-TOWNS)
The only games that ScummVM will play cd-da from a disc with are the ones mentioned above. You'll need to compress the track(s) in a supported audio format.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Scorched Earth wrote:
ScummVM fully supports CD audio in Gobliins (CD), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (FM-TOWNS), Loom (CD & FM-TOWNS), Monkey Island 1 (CD, FM-TOWNS & SegaCD) and Zak McKracken (FM-TOWNS)
The only games that ScummVM will play cd-da from a disc with are the ones mentioned above. You'll need to compress the track(s) in a supported audio format.
That's not quite correct. ScummVM also supports CD audio in the FM-Towns versions of Kyrandia 1 and 2, but nobody updated the FAQ accordingly... In fact if Lost in Time uses CD audio tracks it might also support these. Anyway that FAQ entry only covers the desktop ports I think, it might very well be that the dreamcast version does not support playback of the audio tracks as CDDA at all.
Scorched Earth

Post by Scorched Earth »

There is a thread right here in the DC forum that mentions cd-da playback in Loom.

I also tried rebuilding the Drascula data files into a disc with the original track order, using the flac. I had cd-da playback in each scene, until I interacted with anything. Strangely enough, the cd-da music does play when you enter any of the ScummVM menus. I think it was the F5, or Alt+F5 menu.
VasiliyR

Post by VasiliyR »

So it seems like it's scummvm bug, i think i need to report it .