DEevlop a game FOR scummvm

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

carloratm

DEevlop a game FOR scummvm

Post by carloratm »

Hi all,
i'm looking for an engine suitable for adventure games based.
Wonder if there are some free game engines for this purpose, i really don't mind if they aren't open source, i'm looking for an API.
My developing platform is Linux, my favourite language is C++.

Thank you
Cheers
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: DEevlop a game FOR scummvm

Post by eriktorbjorn »

As far as I know, the AGI and SCI engines are the only ones where there exist any mature development tools, except of course for the original ones which were never released to the public. (I've heard of one for the SCUMM engine long ago, but I don't know if that ever got beyond the proof-of-concept stage.)

But it's not very helpful for me to say this because I notice that the AGI/SCI Fangame Creation Forum is where you asked first.
carloratm

Re: DEevlop a game FOR scummvm

Post by carloratm »

eriktorbjorn wrote: But it's not very helpful for me to say this because I notice that the AGI/SCI Fangame Creation Forum is where you asked first.
Sorry, i don't have anything personal against AGI/SCI, just wonder if AGI/SCI has a public API wich i can use to develop a game writing the code in Vi :) , i mean, not a GUI to make an adventure pointing and cliking :wink: