Willy Beamish and Space Quest 6 Support?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Blooglspash

Willy Beamish and Space Quest 6 Support?

Post by Blooglspash »

I'm just wondering if it's possible for Willy Beamish and Space Quest 6 to be worked into the Scummvm SCI engine. I can just play Willy B. in DOSbox so it doesn't really matter too much, but whenever I try to play SQ6 on DOSbox, I can't figure out what file to run to play the game! (I am using the Disc version of the recent Vivendi Universal collection). I'm just curious as to the status of these games.

Thanks,
Blooglspash
m_kiewitz
ScummVM Developer

Post by m_kiewitz »

Space Quest 6 is SCI2.1 - it actually already works somewhat using a daily build (which means intro works and you can play a bit around in the first few screens), but it will take a long time till it will get officially supported

Willy Beamish uses Dynamix Game Development System. Maybe this will get supported some day, but it has nothing to do with SCI.
Blooglspash

Post by Blooglspash »

m_kiewitz wrote:Space Quest 6 is SCI2.1 - it actually already works somewhat using a daily build (which means intro works and you can play a bit around in the first few screens), but it will take a long time till it will get officially supported

Willy Beamish uses Dynamix Game Development System. Maybe this will get supported some day, but it has nothing to do with SCI.
Oh my, I apologize for my ignorance, I had no idea which engine it used and thought SCI because it was from the same era. As for SQ6, I guess I can still play it using the Collection, but there are graphical glitches when using DOSbox 0.63 with Vista. Anyway, thank you for the quick response and informative post.
Last edited by Blooglspash on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

There's actually an in progress engine for the DGDS, but it's not in very active development or very far along.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Blooglspash wrote:Oh my, I apologize for my ignorance, I had no idea which engine it used and thought SCI because it was from the same era. As for SQ6, I guess I can still play it using the Collection, but there are graphical glitches when using DOSbox 0.64 with Vista. Anyway, thank you for the quick response and informative post.
If you are talking about the 2006 VU collection, it uses DOSBox 0.63. You can apply the patches here to fix the many issues with these releases.
Blooglspash

Post by Blooglspash »

Collector wrote:
Blooglspash wrote:Oh my, I apologize for my ignorance, I had no idea which engine it used and thought SCI because it was from the same era. As for SQ6, I guess I can still play it using the Collection, but there are graphical glitches when using DOSbox 0.64 with Vista. Anyway, thank you for the quick response and informative post.
If you are talking about the 2006 VU collection, it uses DOSBox 0.63. You can apply the patches here to fix the many issues with these releases.
That solved my problem! :D Thank you so much!