Monkey 1 Ultimate Talkie Edition (released)

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

homerjs

Re: Monkey 1 Ultimate Talkie Edition (released)

Post by homerjs »

Thanks for your replies! now I know all is OK :)
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

LogicDeLuxe wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:46 pm
MusicallyInspired wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:23 am I'm not sure the reason but Track10 is the introduction conversation with the lookout music.
I don't know the reason either, but it's the way they are in the SE.
MusicallyInspired wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:23 am I keep having problems where I get the LeChuck theme playing during the conversation with the lookout when I play in ScummVM. It's very irritating.
Sounds like you mixed up the tracks somehow.
Iirc, my script checks for the presence of track10 and the length of track17 to distinguish the soundtracks. If you just keep it the way the Ultimate Talkie Edition Builder creates the folders and make sure there is no track10 and no track20 in the game's folder nor in the extra path when pointing to the DOS CD soundtrack, it should play as intended.
Lol that was the problem. I didn't realize the scripting was that smart. Nice! I think what must have happened was that I copied over music files I had pre-made from the SE soundtrack but for the regular non-talkie CD version (which has a LeChuck theme in track 10).
oguzhandag

Post by oguzhandag »

Hi, I get the "Failed to query the CD TOC: 21" message in ScummVM status window when running the game with the original soundtrack. Game seems to be running fine, any idea what that message means? I got no errors while extracting files.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

oguzhandag wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:37 pm Hi, I get the "Failed to query the CD TOC: 21" message in ScummVM status window when running the game with the original soundtrack. Game seems to be running fine, any idea what that message means? I got no errors while extracting files.
That's expected behavior. Some tracks are only present in the SE soundtrack. The game tries to play that first, but it will notice when it's not there and thus switch to play the CD version soundtrack instead. If that fails too, it will switch to MIDI mode.
oguzhandag

Post by oguzhandag »

LogicDeLuxe wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:17 am
oguzhandag wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:37 pm Hi, I get the "Failed to query the CD TOC: 21" message in ScummVM status window when running the game with the original soundtrack. Game seems to be running fine, any idea what that message means? I got no errors while extracting files.
That's expected behavior. Some tracks are only present in the SE soundtrack. The game tries to play that first, but it will notice when it's not there and thus switch to play the CD version soundtrack instead. If that fails too, it will switch to MIDI mode.
Thank you!
xxyzz

Post by xxyzz »

Hi @LogicDeLuxe. Now xWMAEncode.exe can be replaced by vgmstream(https://github.com/losnoco/vgmstream). Is it possible to port the talkie builder to Linux? Can you share the source code of the builder? Thanks.