Toonstruck 2, you can make it happen!!!

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Rosstifer1712

Toonstruck 2, you can make it happen!!!

Post by Rosstifer1712 »

Just seen this over on adventuregamers.com and thought this may interest fans of this underrated classic;

originally posted by toonstrucktwo
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/s ... hp?t=27388

"For all of you who were/are fans of the original, the unparalleled, Toonstruck the tremendously underrated DOS point-and-click adventure starring none other than Christopher Lloyd and Ben Stein and featuring the voice talents of Tress MacNeille (The Simpsons, Futurama), Dan Castellaneta (Homer Simpson), Dom DeLuise (many a Mel Brooks and Don Bluth film), Tim Curry (Rocky Horror) among many others, today is your lucky day, hopefully to be followed by even luckier days to come.

Music director Keith Arem, the rights holder for the Toonstruck and the unreleased material which was to become the second half of the game but was cut before the final release due to software limitations at the time (this was 1996), has expressed interest in dusting the cobwebs off the ill-fated sequel and releasing it for several platforms pending sufficient fan support. The entirety of the correspondence detailing this new and exciting information can be found at this thread inside the Toonstruck 2 Fan Project forum; the only corner of the internet concerned with a Toonstruck sequel until about three hours ago."

To quote Mr. Arem:

"...While the game was internationally critically acclaimed, the game did
not receive the sales we hoped, and the second half was never released.
Now that my career has developed, I would like to re-release an updated
version of Toonstruck to include the 2nd half of the game (iPad, online,
etc), but I would need tremendous fan support to justify its release..."

You heard the man. If you want yourself a sequel:

Join the Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=140186316013394

Follow Twitter:
https://twitter.com/ToonstruckTwo

Check out the ongoing Toonstruck2 fan project forum:
http://toonstruck2.games4um.de/

and SIGN THE PETITION:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/toonstrucktwo/
Rosstifer1712

Post by Rosstifer1712 »

Keith Arem just posted this over on the official Toonstruck 2 facebook page;

Hey All -

Thanks for your support and dedication. We sincerely appreciate your devotion to our project, and we hope to do you proud. It may be some time before you start to hear official announcements, but we are hoping your support helps raise awareness and confidence for an updated re-release of Toonstruck.

As you are... aware, much of the game was never released due to time and budget constraints. We are evaluating the cost and time to incorporate these assets into the initial re-release. In the coming months, I will do my best to get you behind the scenes peeks into the development process.

Thanks again for your continued support, and I hope to provide you with more news soon.

Best Regards -

Keith Arem
PCB Productions
[/i]
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

That's cool, let's hope it works out.
Rosstifer1712

Post by Rosstifer1712 »

Bit of info from Keith on Facebook

Hey all -

Just to add to Drew's post...We are not affiliated with PetitionSpot and are not asking or collecting any money from fans.

Please keep up your support for Toonstruck, and thanks for your patience and keeping it alive. More news to come!
Keith
RunBeerRun

Post by RunBeerRun »

So the acting is already recorded? I'll sign it, I love Toonstruck.
Rosstifer1712

Post by Rosstifer1712 »

RunBeerRun wrote:So the acting is already recorded? I'll sign it, I love Toonstruck.
All the acting, cutscenes, puzzles etc.. for the 2nd half were completed 15 years ago but were taken out before the game was released so they want to add them back in and make it the full length as it was orignally intended to be.
Rosstifer1712

Post by Rosstifer1712 »

Some big news from Keith, posted this on the Facebook page

'We're currently working on an enhanced re-release of TS1, but we may add some of the TS2 content if we can afford to do it. We'll likely re-build our fanbase, and then move onto TS2 next.

More to come!'
Rosstifer1712

Post by Rosstifer1712 »

Keith has given details on when the official announcement will be made;

Hey all -

We're still quite a ways off, but I'm hoping we can make an official announcement by Comic Con or later this summer!

We appreciate your enthusiasm! Keep the dream alive! :-)
Rosstifer1712

Post by Rosstifer1712 »

Just read this on the Facebook page from a Trevor Greer who is involved the enhanced edition

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have good news for those of you who are looking forward to the re-enhanced version of Toonstruck.
My father and Keith both worked at Virgin (Interactive?) and they are overseeing the project. As well as this, I play a part of this project.
The re-enhanced version is beginning to gain momentum and we are in the process of gathering all the old data from the original source code.
We hope to have stuff for Comicon this July, so check out the PCB Productions booth at the convention!

Anyone here going to Comic Con??? [/i]
Rosstifer1712

Post by Rosstifer1712 »

Trevor has just answered some fan questions one in particular telling which platform its coming out on first;

1. I believe our current goal lies with a handheld version of the game. But, depending on its success, repackaging it back for PC and Mac isn't too far off.

2. What I mean by "Re-enhanced" is that we are taking all the old backgrounds and sound files and upping their resolution to match the ratio of iPad, iPhone etc.

3. We don't have any current plans to send it off for a windows platform at the moment.

4. While it may be going for Apple products, im not sure if we will have it for Android. Time will tell.

5. Once I find out our booth number for Comicon, I will be sure to let you guys know so you can come on by! I will probably be there helping out all (5?) days of the Convention at the booth.

So it looks like a iOS/handheld release first then on PC and MAC, this has happened before especially with the remastered Broken Swords.
[/i]
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I think the first remastered Broken Sword, The Director's Cut, was released on the Nintendo Wii and DS first and didn't reach other platforms for almost a year.