Willy Beamish

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

grim107

Willy Beamish

Post by grim107 »

I know that this has been asked before, but not for some years. Will Willy Beamish ever be supported? I am aware that it works in DosBox, but ScummVm works so much better (plus I'd like to play it on my Dreamcast :lol:) Does anyone have any information concerning this?

Also, is Star Trek 25th anniversary still being added to ScummVm? I read somewhere that it was, but I don't remember where. Any help would be great!
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

KuroShiro

Re: Willy Beamish

Post by KuroShiro »

grim107 wrote:I know that this has been asked before, but not for some years. Will Willy Beamish ever be supported? I am aware that it works in DosBox, but ScummVm works so much better (plus I'd like to play it on my Dreamcast :lol:) Does anyone have any information concerning this?

Also, is Star Trek 25th anniversary still being added to ScummVm? I read somewhere that it was, but I don't remember where. Any help would be great!
There is some very early work in progress on both engines you're asking about, but I don't think anyone is working on either of them very actively. In other words, no, they probably won't be supported any time soon.
Iago

Post by Iago »

It's funny, though, that Willy Beamish is actually a graphic on the main site's front page.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Iago wrote:It's funny, though, that Willy Beamish is actually a graphic on the main site's front page.
On the ScummVM website? What?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clone2727 wrote:On the ScummVM website? What?
The closest I can think of is the figure on the left here ...
heroes2.png
heroes2.png (53.04 KiB) Viewed 938 times
... but that's from the cover of Maniac Mansion, not Willy Beamish.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Doesn't look that much like Willy

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

That's a character from Maniac Mansion

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote:That's a character from Maniac Mansion
That's what I said. But It's the only one I could think of on the ScummVM web page that could be mistaken for Willy Beamish.
Iago

Post by Iago »

My mistake!