Willy Beamish

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

grim107

Willy Beamish

Post by grim107 »

I know that this has been asked before, but not for some years. Will Willy Beamish ever be supported? I am aware that it works in DosBox, but ScummVm works so much better (plus I'd like to play it on my Dreamcast :lol:) Does anyone have any information concerning this?

Also, is Star Trek 25th anniversary still being added to ScummVm? I read somewhere that it was, but I don't remember where. Any help would be great!
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

KuroShiro

Re: Willy Beamish

Post by KuroShiro »

grim107 wrote:I know that this has been asked before, but not for some years. Will Willy Beamish ever be supported? I am aware that it works in DosBox, but ScummVm works so much better (plus I'd like to play it on my Dreamcast :lol:) Does anyone have any information concerning this?

Also, is Star Trek 25th anniversary still being added to ScummVm? I read somewhere that it was, but I don't remember where. Any help would be great!
There is some very early work in progress on both engines you're asking about, but I don't think anyone is working on either of them very actively. In other words, no, they probably won't be supported any time soon.
Iago

Post by Iago »

It's funny, though, that Willy Beamish is actually a graphic on the main site's front page.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Iago wrote:It's funny, though, that Willy Beamish is actually a graphic on the main site's front page.
On the ScummVM website? What?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clone2727 wrote:On the ScummVM website? What?
The closest I can think of is the figure on the left here ...

... but that's from the cover of Maniac Mansion, not Willy Beamish.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Doesn't look that much like Willy

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

That's a character from Maniac Mansion

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote:That's a character from Maniac Mansion
That's what I said. But It's the only one I could think of on the ScummVM web page that could be mistaken for Willy Beamish.
Iago

Post by Iago »

My mistake!