anyone working on STTNG: A Final Unity?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

anyone working on STTNG: A Final Unity?

Post by fuzzie »

I have the start of a scummvm engine (a few days of work) for the Star Trek game "A Final Unity"; it reads some of the location data, displays the backgrounds and the walkable area polygons, animates sprites, etc.

Am fairly sure it won't get finished (the video playback and the space combat, at least, are beyond me), but I thought I'd mention it here before I start seriously working on it, just in case someone else is working on it privately and I'm duplicating work. Please say if you are! :)

(I'm pushing the code I have to github as I write it, but I wouldn't recommend anyone take a look quite yet, there's still a pile of notes on my desk of decoded things which need implementing, and the code is a huge mess because I'm just adding things at random.)
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

You could go and take a look here. It may help you set up your environment and meet people :-)
There is a Start Trek engine down below on that site. Maybe (just maybe) you could join forces?

Anyway i would advise you to get yourself in IRC at freenode.net #scummvm and talk to the devs there, you'll probably find some moe people willing to help or at least get an idea what you are getting yourself into ;-)

Anyway, great to see new faces and maybe new engines, welcome
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Raziel wrote:There is a Start Trek engine down below on that site. Maybe (just maybe) you could join forces?
Completely different engines (already spoke with fuzzie on IRC about it).
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Didn't know that, sorry, but at least he found the chat room :-)