monkey island sega cd

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

glokidd

monkey island sega cd

Post by glokidd »

I just bought the sega cd version fo MI (i did a little dance at that point) and have read that it is supported by ScummVM. I was wondering two things:
-how (when it arrives) do i play it? will i need to do something special (still cant figure out MMnes) to copy the files since its a platform CD?
-and-Is there a game version specific compatibility list?
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Mega CD games are standard ISO CDs. You can simply access their files from your OS and copy them to any folder you want. The Sega CD version of MI is compatible with ScummVM.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Thank you kaminari, i have never tried putting a sega cd game in my computer. thank you also for the link to the compatibility list page, but i was wondering if there was a more specific list in regards to language, platform, graphics vesion, ect. I really have nothing else to do (no job, just time) so i could possibly start compiling one in a text file, or possibly even the wiki.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

You should check the feature requests and bug tracker. Pretty much any version not mentioned there should work fine, I think. Also check the MD5 page for a list of existing game versions.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

thanks logicdeluxe, ill do that. My offer still stands for making a list, if wanted by anyone.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

glokidd wrote:I really have nothing else to do (no job, just time) so i could possibly start compiling one in a text file, or possibly even the wiki.
Hey, nice idea. Another idea you could use. There recently appeared need for compiling list of localized game names, like "Inherit the Earth" = "Erben der Erde" in German, and "Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell" is "Marine Malice: Le Mystere du Coquillage Vole" in French. I could point you to several sites where you can find localized names, you just will need to compile them into nice list and put on our Wiki.

Eugene
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

ok sounds good, ill start with a long list of names, in a text file, then copy/paste it to the wiki. this may take a while but ill try to make it as complete as possible. glad able to be of help. I might also start a thread about the list so people can contribute names, and list format suggestions to it (my native language is english so I might need some help with translations and whatnot) if thats alright with you guys.
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Interesting, I wasn't aware the Humongous games had been translated in French.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

http://www.mobygames.com/ has many translation (also check the cover arts there). Broken Sword has a lot of them.