Is anyone able to access FileLibrary.com?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
marzipan
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:10 pm

Is anyone able to access FileLibrary.com?

Post by marzipan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:47 am

I'm starting to suspect something is up. It seems like it's down, but according to this Google Cache it was up and running last week? I'm pretty sure I checked it on that day and couldn't get through.

Have they restricted access to certain regions? It's annoying me cos' there's one zip file on there I really want that's not anywhere else.

KuroShiro
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Miyazaki, Japan

Post by KuroShiro » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:54 am


marzipan
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:10 pm

Post by marzipan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 am

I did that already, but it still doesn't explain how Google can make recent caches of its pages.

User avatar
garrythefish
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by garrythefish » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 am

Eh, forum rule #3, by any chance?

User avatar
clone2727
Retired
Posts: 1592
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: NJ, USA

Post by clone2727 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:53 am

garrythefish wrote:Eh, forum rule #3, by any chance?
He posted in The Junkyard. What's wrong with that? EDIT: Well, now it's in the Junkyard at any rate. :P

marzipan
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:10 pm

Post by marzipan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Many apologies, I assumed General Discussion was just that - general discussion.

Also, I felt it was partly related as I need the playfate.zip off of there to determine whether it's the rare V73 version I've been trying to find a complete version of.


Now I fear that it being in the Junkyard means this thread will just get ignored by all.

User avatar
clone2727
Retired
Posts: 1592
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: NJ, USA

Post by clone2727 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:28 pm

marzipan wrote:Also, I felt it was partly related as I need the playfate.zip off of there to determine whether it's the rare V73 version I've been trying to find a complete version of.
v73? What versioning are you talking about?
marzipan wrote:Now I fear that it being in the Junkyard means this thread will just get ignored by all.
What are you talking about? :shock:

marzipan
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:10 pm

Post by marzipan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:36 pm

clone2727 wrote:
marzipan wrote:Also, I felt it was partly related as I need the playfate.zip off of there to determine whether it's the rare V73 version I've been trying to find a complete version of.
v73? What versioning are you talking about?
http://forum.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=52874#52874
http://forum.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=57584#57584
clone2727 wrote:
marzipan wrote:Now I fear that it being in the Junkyard means this thread will just get ignored by all.
What are you talking about? :shock:
Okay, the fact you replied means I was wrong. I shouldn't mistake "Junkyard" with "Trash"! >.<

marzipan
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:10 pm

Post by marzipan » Sun May 02, 2010 12:06 pm

And as soon as I say that, it does get abandoned. Of all the luck........

User avatar
clone2727
Retired
Posts: 1592
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: NJ, USA

Post by clone2727 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:31 pm

marzipan wrote:And as soon as I say that, it does get abandoned. Of all the luck........
It didn't get "abandoned" because it got moved to The Junkyard, people didn't post because they have nothing else to add to the topic. The site is down, there's nothing else anyone can do.

Post Reply