Fate of Atlantis Discs smarter than the whole internet?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

doctorkoan

Fate of Atlantis Discs smarter than the whole internet?

Post by doctorkoan »

Seriously. I've already come to grips with the fact that Plato has outsmarted me. But it seems that everywhere I go online to find the correct combination of the stones to get past the outer gates has either hordes of people stumped or something blatantly wrong.

I even found videos on youtube showing the team mode (mode I'm in) solution. The combos they use work on the video. But when I try it, Indy just does the whole "Well that doesn't seem to do anything."

Why's he gotta be so negative all the time anyway?

So does the game have a glitch or is it possible that different versions have different solutions? Or are the lost dialogues just randomly generated?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I think the stones combination you need to open the door is indeed randomly generated. So you have to follow what is written in the lost dialogs in your game. Have you read that thread also (especially the last two posts). It give an hint on how to interpret what is written in the lost dialogs.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Criezy's right. The stone combinations have been different each time I've played. But one tiny addition to what criezy said: the Lost Dialog contains no hint for the activation of the 'god machine'. That combination comes from the wall of the maze of passages you have to navigate to get to the 'god machine', and that picture changes each time you play as well.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

with scummvm at least, i never got the combinations right even with the lost dialogs (and countless walkthroughs that explained them). so i just went into CTRL+G mode, and randomly pressed until i got it. and it worked. 4 times :lol:
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Mataku wrote:with scummvm at least, i never got the combinations right even with the lost dialogs (and countless walkthroughs that explained them).
Odd, I can't remember ever having any problems with them the few times I've played through the game.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Me neither,
clone2727
Retired

Re: Fate of Atlantis Discs smarter than the whole internet?

Post by clone2727 »

doctorkoan wrote:Seriously. I've already come to grips with the fact that Plato has outsmarted me. But it seems that everywhere I go online to find the correct combination of the stones to get past the outer gates has either hordes of people stumped or something blatantly wrong.
The outer gate combination is the inverse of the combination you used before at Crete (ie. 180 degree rotation).
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Nikioko wrote:Me neither,
Same here.
MeddlingMonk

Re: Fate of Atlantis Discs smarter than the whole internet?

Post by MeddlingMonk »

clone2727 wrote:The outer gate combination is the inverse of the combination you used before at Crete (ie. 180 degree rotation).
Gah! I'd forgotten that little twist. Devious little sadists, those Atlanteans.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Hey, they even give you a quite direct hint for this in the game itself :). To quote the "Lost Dialogue of Plato":
"Final entrance yielded only to contrary minds."

:-)
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Yeah, I know. I'm just annoyed because I was trying to give a helpful hint and overlooked a very important one.
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

i remember once when i played it through with the original interpreter, many years ago, i seemed to get a glitch with one of these stone locks (maybe the final one, not sure). what i thought was the correct combination didn't work, but i then methodically tried every single other combination (yeah, that was fun), and none of them worked.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

hippy dave wrote:i then methodically tried every single other combination (yeah, that was fun), and none of them worked.
Hehe, I did that the first time I played the game. My english was pretty poor at the time and it totally escaped me that there were hints in the "Lost Dialogue of Plato".