Is it possible to port stratagus to iphone?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

0AzK0

Is it possible to port stratagus to iphone?

Post by 0AzK0 »

I want to ask authors(and porters to other platforms) of Scummvm about one thing: it is possible for you to port Stratagus for iphone/ipod touch? I remember that Anotherguest ported it from windows mobile to UIQ and after to symbian. So can you do this please :D I think that many people will be happy to have it :)

I hope it is not too insolent :roll:
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

So no one can do it?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Stragatus is a separate project, and it's not related to adventure gaming. Someone needs to be interested in doing it, and it's not easy to learn the inner workings of another project like Stratagus in order to do it...
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

I understand, but you can sell it :) You maybe know, that port of freeware opensource strategy "battle for wesnoth" is in appstore, costing 5$. Why not to do the same?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

I doubt that the "porters" of Wesnoth does that or see any cent from the sell.

Could be wrong though

and the point still stands "Stratagus" is neither Adventure nor in the scope of ScummVM, so no chance ... ever
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Raziel wrote:
and the point still stands "Stratagus" is neither Adventure nor in the scope of ScummVM, so no chance ... ever
To be fair, I don't think the OP was asking about including Stratagus in ScummVM :).
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Vinterstum wrote:
Raziel wrote:
To be fair, I don't think the OP was asking about including Stratagus in ScummVM :).
It was related to the OP question
it is possible for you to port Stratagus for iphone/ipod touch?
Regarding the work, time and sweat ScummVM takes away from the coders, i let myself away with the "never...ever" remark.

Of course, if one of the guys has the time and will to do it, it may happen, otoh, in that case the OP could ask in any other porting/programming/whatever forum...
0AzK0

Post by 0AzK0 »

Can you advise forum, where can I ask about porting? I`ve tried some of them(like http://www.hackint0sh.org/), but no one answers...
mattn

Post by mattn »

https://launchpad.net/stratagus

it was already ported to maemo - ask there