Point and Click Gaming

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pipboy

Point and Click Gaming

Post by Pipboy »

So im making a site all about the points and click games could see any real decent site about them other than this. But this will include guides,tips and reviews and such. If anyone is interested in helping let me no. Main page so far.

www.PointandClickgaming.tk
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

uhm, not trying to be negative here, but ever hear about:

www.adventuregames.com or www.mixnmojo.com ?:D
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Or www.justadventure.com if you're standards aren't all that high.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Or http://SierraForums.com for several Sierra Adventure game sites. There are several more adventure sites, as well.
Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

Oh ok fair enough lol i was looking on google for Point and Click and couldnt find anything one more wont matter.
Collector

Post by Collector »

All of this was not to discourage you, just to state that adventures are very much alive on the web. Perhaps you should have searched for "Adventure Games", instead. Most adventure games are Point-N-Click. Of course there are many that are not, but even ScummVM, whose goal is to support Point-N-Click adventures, supports a large number of non Point-N-Clicks, as well.
Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

Anyway im going to carry on and make it so if anyone would like to help out would be great.
Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

So heres the new link to my site currently check it out any help with guides and reviews would be great.

www.pointnclick.tk
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

What?? all the links work fine.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

I said validate. I.e. you did not write valid HTML, only something that looks a bit like it. Your browser might display it correctly, but that's just pure change. There's no guarantee how other browsers will display it.

It's kinda like when you constantly write "your" instead of "you're". People might understand you, but they could also misunderstand you horribly.

Or, like a nice quote on bash.org say, like the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off the horse." and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse.". :P
Pipboy

Post by Pipboy »

DrMcCoy wrote:I said validate. I.e. you did not write valid HTML, only something that looks a bit like it. Your browser might display it correctly, but that's just pure change. There's no guarantee how other browsers will display it.

It's kinda like when you constantly write "your" instead of "you're". People might understand you, but they could also misunderstand you horribly.

Or, like a nice quote on bash.org say, like the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off the horse." and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse.". :P
Its been tested on different browers and worked fine. Its is valid html as its a template i didnt code the template.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

It's not valid. In order to validate it you need to run every web file on your website through a site like this to check to make sure the code is valid. Fix any problems the validator has with your website and then check it again. When there are no problems your website is HTML validated properly.
marticus

Post by marticus »

<st1:place w:st="on"> and <o:p>&nbsp;</o:p> make me think that this was coded using *ugh* MS Word

Edit: Oh, and pointing to a css on your computer doesn't work so well for everyone else :)
<link rel="stylesheet" href="file:///C%7C/Documents%20and%20Settings/Compaq_Owner/My%20Documents/Pointandclick/New%20Folder%20%282%29/css/site.css">
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Pipboy wrote:Its been tested on different browers and worked fine.
Not on all browsers, though. Writing valid HTML is the only real guarantee that other users can actually read what you've put together.
Pipboy wrote:Its is valid html
The validator is by the W3C, the guys who created the HTML standard in the first place. If their validator says what you've done is not valid HTML, it isn't valid HTML.
Pipboy wrote:as its a template i didnt code the template.
Then you've either used the template wrong or the template itself is broken. Or both.

Moreover, while you do have alt-attributes to your images, they're always empty. Not good. They're there to serve as a describtion should the image not be available for some reason. And for visually impaired people, who are dependant on screen readers and braille lines.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm being pedantic here, but these things are important. And you did ask for reviews, after all.