Blazing Dragons

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ezekiel000

Blazing Dragons

Post by ezekiel000 »

I was just thinking ScummVM supports/will support whatever games the developers are interested in working on but is that restricted to games with a PC version?

As I remember playing Blazing Dragons which was quite a good game but it was only released for Playstation and Sega Saturn. I guess with a version for more than one system it will be interpreter and game data based rather than hardcoded.
noize

Post by noize »

That was a good old fun game. The controls kinda sucked though.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/blazing-dragons

also, already requested:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=3964
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Yeah the controls sucked but that what you get with cursors controled by joysticks or gamepads.

But this wasn't really a question to support blazing dragons but more of are games that will potentially be supported restricted to games with a pc version? (Maybe I should have chosen a different thread title)
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

If you look at the games Scummvm supports then you would already have known the answer to your question.. yes support is not restricted to pc-games only.. but ofcourse since development mostly is done on the PC the developer does need to be able to get the original gamedata on their PC's..

I see amazon still sells 'Blazing-Dragons', a little too pricey for my taste.. I think it's weird that no PC version is ever made of this game.. ahwell..
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

I wonder, which one is the better version?

I see the PS1 version has resource files, and the Saturn version has single files.. But watching the Saturn video's (through VLC) it seems they are half the resolution (but I think they are being stretched (anamorphic)) of the PS1.