Ripping Sprites / Backgrounds?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

McBacon

Ripping Sprites / Backgrounds?

Post by McBacon »

Hi, I'm interested in the ability to rip sprites and backgrounds from my favourite point and click adventures, for my personal collection and to spruce up some articles I plan to write.

Games such as Broken Sword 1, and the LucasArts collection.

Does anyone have any information that might help my search, or is this plainly impossible without a strong knowledge of programming and the like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mark
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Well, for Lucasarts games you could use a program like Scumm Revisited.

As, for other games, there might be tools out there but your best bet would be Prt Scr;)

OR, learn coding and finish Scumm Ex.
McBacon

Post by McBacon »

Thanks, that program is pretty dope. Just need something to help with Broken Sword.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

one of the guys on the irc channel for ScummVM is working on a resource dumper for Broken Sword psx methinks. You could ask him, nick Hkz.
tobybear

Post by tobybear »

For LucasArts games, you might also try LucasRipper, a program I have written several years ago:
http://tobybear.phreque.com/files/lucasripper.zip
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

McBacon

Post by McBacon »

Don't give him a hard time Jon, that program is good. While the one you reccomended is very detailed and indepth, toby's can just rip out all the graphics in one button press.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

You are right, I'm sorry. I think I was either very drunk or very stoned while putting up that post. My bad.