Torin's Passage support anytime soon?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Retrog33k

Torin's Passage support anytime soon?

Post by Retrog33k »

With the 7th guest (and possibly the 11th hour) coming to scummvm, any plans to support another windows 3.1 hard-to-run game, Torin's Passage? It's another point and click adventure game, and it's a real pain to run on XP. I think Torin's Passage is one of the last great point and click adventures, and it would be a shame for such a unknown game to become totally unknown, and isn't the point of scummvm to preserve the classic adventure game genre? Just a suggestion, and thanks for reading.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Torin's Passage support anytime soon?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Retrog33k wrote:With the 7th guest (and possibly the 11th hour) coming to scummvm, any plans to support another windows 3.1 hard-to-run game, Torin's Passage?
I'm not aware of anyone working on it. It's a SCI game, so it's more likely that FreeSCI will one day support it.

However, it uses one of the later revisions of that game engine, so FreeSCI support is probably still far away. The DOS version seemed to run well in DOSBox last time I tried it, though.
Retrog33k

Post by Retrog33k »

Drat. I don't have the DOS version. :( Well, thanks for the info on this.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

there isn't a Dos version on the same cd?
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Jonatan wrote:there isn't a Dos version on the same cd?
Yes, it is.
Retrog33k

Post by Retrog33k »

There's a DOS version on the same CD? How do I access it?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I don't have my cd here, but there is probably a file called install.exe or sierra.exe in addition to the wininstall.exe(or whatever it's called). Just have a look at your exe files, should be simple enough to figure out.

Collector has a Dosbox installer prepared for this game:
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updat ... llers.html
Retrog33k

Post by Retrog33k »

Jonatan wrote:I don't have my cd here, but there is probably a file called install.exe or sierra.exe in addition to the wininstall.exe(or whatever it's called). Just have a look at your exe files, should be simple enough to figure out.

Collector has a Dosbox installer prepared for this game:
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updat ... llers.html
Thanks! I'll look for it... if I can find the CD again.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

The Windows versions runs in Windows without issues. From memory I set desktop colours to 256 [although may well have set compatibility also] and it ran without issue.
Desperado

Post by Desperado »

The Windows versions runs in Windows without issues
Yes, but it crashes near the end.