Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

enderandrew

Re: Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

Post by enderandrew »

Holy necropost, Batman!

I see people have been requesting the Dynamix/DGDS games in this thread for a good 12 years. I'm not sure what a +1 from me would amount to.

I know DGDS engine support has started a few times, but never finished. It looks like the Dynamix games have been some of the most requested for years. I'm not sure what technical hurdles made that particular engine more difficult to implement compared to others.

While I think it is interesting to see support for Xeen games, Ultima games, Infocom games, etc. ScummVM has been primarily used to play 2D point-and-click adventure games.

I'm hoping some of the unfinished engines like DGDS, M4, MADS, Mohawk, etc. eventually find an enthusiastic champion. They might make for good Google Summer of Code projects for 2020.
audible

Post by audible »

Purple Moon series of games like Rockett & Secret Paths... please, please, please!
IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones »

Clock Tower (1995) also known as Clock Tower: The First Fear
(Platforms: Windows PC version, Playstation 1, SNES, Wii Virtual Console)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HmjM8kN8xA

The game executable for Windows is only 150 KB in size. It was made for Windows 95. The game uses Windows GDI (gdi32.dll) as graphics API. All game assets are in standard formats that can be opened easily in windows explorer. Textures/sprites are in BMP format. Sounds are in WAV and MIDI formats. Cutscenes are AVI videos. These standard formats should make the game relatively easy to reverse engineer.

The game was only released in Japanese language but multiple fan made English translation patches are available as you can see from the Youtube video. I am sure more accurate translations will be possible if this game gets ported to SCUMMVM. Due to limitations caused by EXE hex editing and game font size, fan translations had sentence length constraints.

It is a classic horror adventure game. I hope it gets supported by SCUMMVM one day.
kremiso

Post by kremiso »

Discworld 2 - Playstation
this should help to let this one runnable also on medium-low backends