Selling Ace Ventura

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MetaFox

Post by MetaFox »

I just sold one of those Sam & Max/Day of the Tentacle packs on eBay for $20 US (£10.96).

Note that it was also sold to a US buyer from a US seller, so the price would probably be even lower within the UK.
Yuruka

Post by Yuruka »

No it would cost more, because the shipping costs more.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

It's still not worth 50 pounds:D
Yuruka

Post by Yuruka »

Pfff I'm obviously not going to sell it for 40, the price I was looking was around 20. Since shipping is about 5, that's like 15.

I'm selling ace for

£25 ($45.50)

So if anyone is interested, contact me.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

About 10-12 years ago I had the option to buy Ace Ventura used for 10 AUD, that's 8.49 USD at the time, and roughly the same now. It was in excellent condition especially considering it belonged to the local video store. Still with the original box. They never sold it, it's still sitting in the backroom waiting for someone desperate enough to buy it.
Yuruka

Post by Yuruka »

Ceri Cat wrote:About 10-12 years ago I had the option to buy Ace Ventura used for 10 AUD, that's 8.49 USD at the time, and roughly the same now. It was in excellent condition especially considering it belonged to the local video store. Still with the original box. They never sold it, it's still sitting in the backroom waiting for someone desperate enough to buy it.
I've only ever seen it twice once on the internet and once in real life and the one on the web was about £30 with shipping and vat and that was JUST the disc, and the one in real life was a bit cheaper, same just the disc.

You probably got lucky, lots of people in real life don't know the proper value of things..
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

An object is only as valuable as the amount of money someone is willing to pay for it. Being rare is not the same as being valuable.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Being a fairly lacklustre game I've never bothered grabbing it off them, I needed to talk with Tammy about getting a copy of Malcolm on DVD (Australian movie, not Kyra-3), and noticed it was gathering dust still.

I didn't find it that enjoyable an adventure game. I found it to rely too much on Jim Carey style humour rather than being an interesting storyline or puzzles when I borrowed it out to play back in high school.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

The arcadesequences made the desicion for me. It started out pretty poorly, but I just couldn't bring myself to keep on playing after that.
kawickboy

Post by kawickboy »

I bought on ebay a sealed ace ventura 1 year ago, for a ridiculous amount (shipping costs to France were more expensive than the game). Rare does not seem expensive each time :wink: