What about Toonstruck?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

db92

What about Toonstruck?

Post by db92 »

Is toonstruck supported by ScummVM?
clem

Post by clem »

no it is not (this was already discussed here, a forum search should bring up the posts)
tanatie

Post by tanatie »

will it be? and if not, any tips on how to play it? it comes under the same fetish as my desire to play discworld 2 again:)
clem

Post by clem »

clem wrote:(this was already discussed here, a forum search should bring up the posts)
db92

Post by db92 »

tanatie wrote:will it be? and if not, any tips on how to play it? it comes under the same fetish as my desire to play discworld 2 again:)
if it was, id be on my way all over the world to give a kiss to every dev that helped implementing it

( /me sees Toonstruck never getting supported )
Iago

Post by Iago »

Use VDMSound, check out www.vogons.zetafleet.com and do a search.

That's how I got mine working, took ages though.
db92

Post by db92 »

Iago wrote:Use VDMSound, check out www.vogons.zetafleet.com and do a search.

That's how I got mine working, took ages though.
sure that could work, although i would also be quite eager to see toonstruck supported on scummvm so i can play it on its psp port as well. btw, the last time, i barely managed to run toonstruck with reinstalling win98, and vdmsound and dosbox and whatnot wasnt fully functional and i was getting weird graphics glitches. doesnt matter anyway :D
Iago

Post by Iago »

Here is a good guide with step by step instructions on how to get it working.

http://home.earthlink.net/~infernofilec ... _Setup.htm

You can also edit the TOONSTRK.CFG file to play the game without the CD, although you may have problems during the disc transition period. I haven't been able to fix that.
Iago

Post by Iago »

Well, managed to fix it. The change is completely seamless, the only thing I was doing wrong was that I had done the final puzzle at the end of CD 1 a bit wrong, so it wasn't working. Hope this helps people to run the game completely free of the discs at least.

It runs pretty much perfectly for me, only the occasional crackle with the speech and the odd line during the cutscenes that I can notice.
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

I'm able to run Toonstruck in DosBox 0.65 without any problems. Still had to use NOLFB.com to deal with some graphical glitches.