Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

raina

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

Post by raina »

http://www.telltalegames.com/strongbad/

Episode 1 (of 5) has been out for a couple of days now.. Anybody play this yet? Any thoughts or is there even a Homestar crowd among ScummVMsters?

I've been playing it tonight and so far it's been a very enjoyable point-and-clicky, especially if you're familiar with the characters beforehand and like the humor.

And such memorable quotes as "Swedes? I hate those guys!" and "I feel like I could take on the world!" which I'd like to think of as a nod towards DotT.

Anyone?
marticus

Post by marticus »

I quite liked Homestar Ruiner, although getting to level 15 on Snake Boxer 5 wasn't easy; but I am a completist and wanted to get all the extras :)

TTG bring another gold.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I haven't played it yet but I need to get it sometime soon. I love how Strong Bad describes it: A Point & Click-em-up adventure game :D.
raina

Post by raina »

Level 15? Wow, I got to 9 in the demo version but since you couldn't save, currently my highest level is like 3 because I wanted to see how far it would go with just punching without moving or blocking at all. Gotta get back to snake boxing once the story has been explored.
Kerry!

Post by Kerry! »

no mac support :(
billeke

Post by billeke »

played it on my Wii! it's quite awesome

and yeah I'll probably buy Sam and Max season one for the Wii as well (can't wait for fall)

I'm really glad that telltale games brings point 'n click to the console

now where is lucasarts:P
MusicallyInspired

What do you mean? You do know that Tell Tale was made by ex-Lucasarts employees in the wake of the passing of Sam & Max 2 right? So Tell Tale IS Lucasarts. Well, what Lucasarts used to be anyway.
clem

Post by clem »

MusicallyInspired wrote:What do you mean?
Probably LucasArts-owned franchises like Monkey Island, Full Throttle and Indiana Jones games.
MusicallyInspired

In that case I believe Lucasarts has made their position very clear. Even if they were to make more adventure games they'd all be as bad as MI4 (actually I've never played MI4 but I've heard by many that it's a big let-down).
clem

Post by clem »

I believe the original question about where LucasArts was on this was rhetorical.
billeke

Post by billeke »

yes it was :P