"The Prisoner" and "Prisoner 2" uses SAG

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

timofonic

"The Prisoner" and "Prisoner 2" uses SAG

Post by timofonic »

Hello to all.

I just want to know if The Prisoner" and "Prisoner 2" uses SAGA engine. This is not a request, just curious about this.

I just have curiosity if the SAGA engine was used in those games and if has enough things in common to the one used in games like IHNM and ITE or too much hard coded and different in too many ways.

I just was interested about The Prisoner and it's remake since it was used by the CIA as a training tool for their agents and the psycological stuff that remembers a bit in certain way to IHNM (they share developer too).

Regards.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: "The Prisoner" and "Prisoner 2" uses

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Are you thinking about the 1980 Apple ][ game, The Prisoner? That seems a bit early for a graphical point-and-click game engine. I thought it was written in BASIC.

I haven't played it, though.

Edit: An interview with David Mullich confirms that the first Prisoner game was written in Applesoft BASIC. You can also find an old picture of him. I assume the computer in the background is running the game.