Teen Agent

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Graxer wrote:
MapleSyrup wrote:Congratulations to megath, sanguinehearts, and the ScummVM team. I just completed Teenagent with the latest ScummVM SVN. It's still got a lot of glitches, but it was fun to play through the game again.
It's not even detecting Teenagent for me. I'm using the version from Good Old Games.

Do I have to compile my own version, or is this the offical SVN build?

I have tried compiling my own Windows version to activate SCI, but it just confused me.
Looks like it needs a .dat file as well

http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... gine-data/
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Red_Breast wrote:
Graxer wrote:
MapleSyrup wrote:Congratulations to megath, sanguinehearts, and the ScummVM team. I just completed Teenagent with the latest ScummVM SVN. It's still got a lot of glitches, but it was fun to play through the game again.
It's not even detecting Teenagent for me. I'm using the version from Good Old Games.

Do I have to compile my own version, or is this the offical SVN build?

I have tried compiling my own Windows version to activate SCI, but it just confused me.
Looks like it needs a .dat file as well

http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... gine-data/
teenagent.dat is now included in the main folder of the ScummVM installation. I originally said I had the DAT in my post, but then removed it when I realised it was actually included in the latest SVN build. Thanks though.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

That's news to me. I generally use Linux Debian and compile.

I've compiled before for Windows.
I found the easiest way is Microsoft's Visual studio 2008 with a library pack downloaded from sanguine hearts which is linked to in the wiki.
Plus a couple of questions that md5 answered.

I guess the game is not supported by 1.0 so the engine has been turned off.
Maybe have another go at compiling, or use Linux where compiling is so much simpler, or wait until 1.0 has been released and all the engines are turned on again.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Red_Breast wrote:I've compiled before for Windows.
I found the easiest way is Microsoft's Visual studio 2008 with a library pack downloaded from sanguine hearts which is linked to in the wiki.
Thanks. I am getting Visual Studio Express 2008 as suggested in the wiki. Do I have to make any changes to add SCI and Teenagent or will they be readily available when I compile?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Graxer wrote:
Red_Breast wrote:I've compiled before for Windows.
Thanks. I am downloading Visual Studio Express 2008 as suggested in the wiki. Do I have to make any changes to add SCI and Teenagent or will they be readily available when I compile?
All engines are automatically enabled in the project file for VS (in dists/msvc9).
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Thanks for the help. I have now sucessfully compiled ScummVM and Teen agent and SCI are now working.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Nice one.
Sounds like it was easier for you than me. I had to nag md5 for some answers.

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I had a few problems too, but I worked them out:

1. I was a bit confused about what the "dists" folder it was talking about was at first.

2. Also I took a while to figure out how to download the source code.

3. Then I started downloading the complete source code before I realised that it was just the ScummVM trunks folder I needed.

I wouldn't have managed it at all if you hadn't mentioned using Visual Studio though.