Teen Agent

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Mok wrote:Well, if anyone is interested, I do have partial source code of the amiga version of the game.
Yay! E-mail sent.

Eugene
Mok

Post by Mok »

ezekiel000 wrote:Wouldn't permission be needed from the current copyright holder before anyone working on the engine for scummvm should look at it?
Dunno about the game, but amiga ports were done by me, and I never got paid for it anyway ;) So I don't mind if somebody uses the source to write a driver (well, I guess, data is probably very different to pc version, so it won't help that much really).
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Mok wrote:
ezekiel000 wrote:Wouldn't permission be needed from the current copyright holder before anyone working on the engine for scummvm should look at it?
Dunno about the game, but amiga ports were done by me, and I never got paid for it anyway ;) So I don't mind if somebody uses the source to write a driver (well, I guess, data is probably very different to pc version, so it won't help that much really).
We're in contact with current Metropolis rights holders, but they say they lost the sources. So any help is appreciated.

Eugene
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Mok wrote:
Ah right nevermind then.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Wow Mok, you rewrote the whole thing!

great work by the way :D
jimbob0i0

Post by jimbob0i0 »

To all 2D adventure fans.....

You may be interested to know that GoG has just added Teenagent to its games catalogue for the grand ol' price of ZERO!

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/teenagent

Hopefully a scumm engine will be written to include this in the already excellent catalogue :)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Woo!
I suggested this to GOG/Metropolis and I am so glad they went through with it.

The engine will be getting better over the summer :)
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

sanguinehearts wrote:The engine will be getting better over the summer :)
Keep up the good work :)
nande

Post by nande »

Oh yeah, i think i remember playing this game... It was quite cool ^^

Thanks for reminding me to get this game... I think i still got a disc somewhere in the archives =\

*gone to find and play it :P*
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Where are those sanguine hearts?

Any news abot Teen Agent engine? I heard on IRC logs Sanguine is busy with real life, but there's another guy reversing Teen Agent.

So that guy can give us a progress report?
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

It looks like it's part of the trunk now and there seems to be a lot of work done to it lately. That'll be a good addition since it's on GOG for free. Plus with dragon history, that will eventually be 2 more free games for a total of 6. It's a shame Discwold couldn't happen. I was hoping for that since I have never played it.
MapleSyrup

Post by MapleSyrup »

Congratulations to megath, sanguinehearts, and the ScummVM team. I just completed Teenagent with the latest ScummVM SVN. It's still got a lot of glitches, but it was fun to play through the game again.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

MapleSyrup wrote:Congratulations to megath, sanguinehearts, and the ScummVM team. I just completed Teenagent with the latest ScummVM SVN. It's still got a lot of glitches, but it was fun to play through the game again.
It's not even detecting Teenagent for me. I'm using the version from Good Old Games.

Do I have to compile my own version, or is this the offical SVN build?

I have tried compiling my own Windows version to activate SCI, but it just confused me.
Last edited by Graxer on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Graxer wrote: Do I have to compile my own version, or is the the offical SVN build?
The SVN build should be based on the 1.0 branch, in which case yes, you'd have to compile your own version. (Or wait until after 1.0 is released.)
MapleSyrup

Post by MapleSyrup »

You can use the SVN build of trunk built by the ScummVM buildbot. http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/t ... st.tar.bz2