Teen Agent

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I guess by the lack of responses there isnt a great interest in this game, however I've started the RE process and have made some tiny bits of progress so far, Im mainly doing it to teach myself about reversing however Its also going to be there just incase the source code never materialises.

I'll contact metropolis after the games convention in Leipzig
and keep anyone who's interested updated here and in the channel.

cya
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

thanx.. and maybe a lot of people don't even know about this game.. So once it's known if the game is freeware or not, also makes a big difference, because when it's freeware, then it could also be put up on the site just as the freeware versions of FOTAQ etc..
And I agree, it is a perfect example on how to learn to RE an adventuregame...
Good luck and I hope you'll finish it..
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I intend on contacting Metropolis after Leipzig however would like to request that they dont recieve emails from others regarding this as I dont want to pester them and put them off working with me.

unless of course someone with more experience in this field is willing to step in and help out.

Rob
selmi

Post by selmi »

sanguinehearts wrote:I guess by the lack of responses there isnt a great interest in this game, however I've started the RE process and have made some tiny bits of progress so far, Im mainly doing it to teach myself about reversing however Its also going to be there just incase the source code never materialises.

I'll contact metropolis after the games convention in Leipzig
and keep anyone who's interested updated here and in the channel.

cya
there is definitely interest, but as i can't help with coding i keep silence...and i guess i am not alone. so go on, it will not be in vain :)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

just had a few minutes spare

Last edited by sanguinehearts on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

is there any actual connection between this game and te movie Teen Agent?
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

None that I know of, Ive not seen the film so I dont know the plot, I guess that is lucky because it would probably be more difficult to obtain the source code if it was based upon a film.
selmi

Post by selmi »

Jonatan wrote:is there any actual connection between this game and te movie Teen Agent?
No connection at all
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

SuperDre wrote:So once it's known if the game is freeware or not, also makes a big difference, because when it's freeware, then it could also be put up on the site just as the freeware versions of FOTAQ etc..
There is no doubt about this: the game was definitely released as freeware. (Of course, that doesn't mean that they didn't arbitrarily decide that it shouldn't be freeware anymore, like Activision and Sierra did with the Zork trilogy and Krondor, respectively.)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Jorpho wrote:(Of course, that doesn't mean that they didn't arbitrarily decide that it shouldn't be freeware anymore, like Activision and Sierra did with the Zork trilogy and Krondor, respectively.)
The Liberated Games FAQ has some (though regrettably not much) more information about those. In the case of Zork, apparently you were allowed to download them from Activision for some time but you weren't allowed to redistribute them.

Another example of that type of license - for books this time, not software - would be Project Aon. But I'm guessing/hoping they're far less likely to go away: The rights belong to the author, and the project is run by some of his fans.
Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Well, I know for a long time Back To The Roots has had all of the Infocom games available, and from what I gather the permission to make these available was granted by Activision themselves, over and above the original licenses.

The downloads from Activision for Zork were purely on the basis of promoting one of the graphical Zork games (Inquisitor, maybe?) so once that slowed down they stopped offering it as download themselves, but I believe BTTR's agreement still stands.

As for Krondor, I know Liberated Games weren't allowed to offer it for download but I still thought Sierra/Vivendi owned the rights to it as it was produced under Dynamix, which was then a sub-brand, but owned by Sierra?
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Jorpho wrote:
SuperDre wrote:So once it's known if the game is freeware or not, also makes a big difference, because when it's freeware, then it could also be put up on the site just as the freeware versions of FOTAQ etc..
There is no doubt about this: the game was definitely released as freeware. (Of course, that doesn't mean that they didn't arbitrarily decide that it shouldn't be freeware anymore, like Activision and Sierra did with the Zork trilogy and Krondor, respectively.)
Do you have any proof of this? Its simply to do with whether it was put online as 'freeware' without consent of all the property holders(e.g union logic software house published the english version of the game) if they still exist in some form they may still own some rights to the game.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Im updating as I have something to show you :)

Its not much but its certainly a start

http://sanguinehearts.blogspot.com/
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

Cool.. nice to see some progress on TeenAgent.. good luck..
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Im in contact with Metropolis.
Last edited by sanguinehearts on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.