Kyrandia - 'adult version'?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tadhock

Kyrandia - 'adult version'?

Post by tadhock »

I'd always wondered, is this true? (from wiki)

"There are different versions of the original Legend of Kyrandia. One version has slightly different dialogue--in some areas, there is swearing and some light adult humour. For example, one can click on the chest of the statue of Zanthia and Brandon will say "I've always wanted to do that!""
DummyDDD

Post by DummyDDD »

It's true, in the talkie edition (or at least the one I've got) you get both versions of the games in two folders called A and B. I can't remember which is which though
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

I have both a "1" and "2" subdrawer on my CD

but have yet to find a place where it shows
differences ... Zanthias statue triggers the
same comments when using 1 or 2 and i have
yet to hear some swearing :-)
clem

Post by clem »

Raziel wrote:I have both a "1" and "2" subdrawer on my CD

but have yet to find a place where it shows
differences ... Zanthias statue triggers the
same comments when using 1 or 2 and i have
yet to hear some swearing :-)
I once did a file compare under WinXP (something like "fc /b 1\*.* 2\*.*") - all files are 100% identical
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

According to Kyrandia developer Mike Legg, there was an early Talkie version in which Brandon would swear before dying if you walked onto the lava bridge in the caverns. It was removed from later revisions.
Zaarin

Post by Zaarin »

HoF has two folders like that too. The files are identical as well. I wonder why... to fill up the CD? :)
clem

Post by clem »

Zaarin wrote:HoF has two folders like that too. The files are identical as well. I wonder why... to fill up the CD? :)
Probably so you have a spare copy of the files if portions of the CD are scratched/unreadable.

Either that, or to distribute the weight of the bits evenly on the disk, so that it wouldn't make weird sounds when turning in the drive. *deadpan look*