LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Blooglspash

Post by Blooglspash »

Awesome! Do you have a Gobliiins 1 poster?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

I'm missing a high quality scan to do a Gobliiins poster.
bahsura

Post by bahsura »

Man I love your work. Thank you so much. I printed the DOTT one and gave it to my brother as a frame. Cost me almost 200 bucks but it was so worth it! THANK YOU!

Any chance one day you might do the Grim Fandango Inside Cover Mural from the CD case??

50cm x 156cm would be a lovely size.

Greetings from the Yucatan.

Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

bahsura wrote:Any chance one day you might do the Grim Fandango Inside Cover Mural from the CD case??
I'd love to, if anyone could provide me with a high quality scan.
BeleG

Post by BeleG »

Would 600dpi do? It's the best I can get out of my scanner... :roll:

I have the Spanish version, and you can see how this inlay looks in our version. It's cut in two halves, though it seems to be the only one which reproduces the whole drawing without a hole in the middle.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Wow, 600dpi would be great, yes please! :)
BeleG

Post by BeleG »

There you are: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PVJW8P4R

It's quite a small picture (about 25x12cm, once joined), and the quality of the print isn't precisely great, but if someone can make a poster out of it, I'm sure that's you!
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Thanks man!

It's still missing some edges, so if anybody's got a chance for some more scans of other versions, I'd happily piece the thing together.

A test, which would be printable at 100 - 150 cm width:

(at 50%)

(at 100%)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

That looks amazing! I've been hoping for this since Grim Fandango first came out. This is going to cover one of my walls.
bahsura

Post by bahsura »

Here you have another inlay scans of the Spanish version on 800dpi. The color on the left one seems to be the most accurate. As you can see the sizes differ since one is for the back of the CD front cover and the other one for the back of the back of the case (just behind where the cds are when you open the case).

Maybe that´s why you are missing some edges on the second half, but funnily enough, they do appear on the image I posted before... ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MV1I34XU

¡Thank you again!
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Well, the edges are there, because whoever made that thing, retouched the hell out of it. As you can see the upper edge on the right side is just a mirrored copy of the upper edge on the left. Basically the same way I'm gonna do it.

This is where I'm at right now:

(Click for big)
bahsura

Post by bahsura »

drool

Looking good. :)
BeleG

Post by BeleG »

Wow, fantastic job this far. I didn't expect any less from you. :wink:
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Here's two little somethings Mr. William Eaken sent to me today (click for full size):

Image Image

Now, these are just snapshots taken with a digicam (off his original paintings), so the quality isn't the best. And while the "Fate of Atlantis"-one isn't as detailed as the clean-up job I've made, the "Rebel Assault II"-artwork should be the biggest version available of it. Although I wanted to stay clear of any "Star Wars"-related posters, I think this one is just too special to not be used (since it's probably the only actually painted SW game-cover... well, maybe aside from the first "Rebel Assault").
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Cool. It's a classic poster, adventure or not. I remember it well from my childhood:)

Sooo. <<<<<<<<do you have anything new and exciting to share about the Grim mural?:)

Keep up the good work!