LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Frogacuda

Post by Frogacuda »

I've gotten a lot better at this. I've been able to get some pretty good results even when my source is pretty weak. If anyone is interested in the results, check out my thread here:
http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/show ... hp?t=54538

They're mostly old-school Sega stuff so probably a different audience than this board, but since you inspired it and helped me out, I figured I'd share.

Some samples:
Download full-size version

Longcat

Post by Longcat »

so... anything new?
rented mule

Post by rented mule »

Jonatan wrote:so... anything new?
Please Jonatan...aren't you the first person to jump on people with "it'll be done when it's done" comments? Take your own advice and stop pestering people that do this work on their own free time.
alphaflight83

Post by alphaflight83 »

Well, after quite a long time without any posts on the original topic, i'd take Jonatan's post as proof of still-existing interest :wink:
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Yeah, the topic was 'dead' for a whole month before Jonatan asked his question. Not at all in the same league as the 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?' type of posts that the SCI engine has been generating. So I think Jonatan is being spanked for no good reason.
rented mule

Post by rented mule »

The people doing this for free on their own time will return and post here if they want to. It's unfair to pester them. You should all know better.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Rented mule, relax. Nobody was pestering, just asking politely. You are causing quite a storm in a tea cup here :-).
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

So maybe I should contribute something then:P

Feel free to "pester" me, ppl. Oh, and Laserschwert, if you see something and you think you can do a better job(which you can) feel free to pm me for the source material.

I'm too lazy to make thumbnails atm, so bear with me. The images are big, so if you get an error message you probably have to download the entire file to view it.

Finished posters:

Gabriel knight 2 - The beast within
Postersize Wide

Broken Sword I - Shadow of the templars
Postersize

Works in progress(you don't need to point out the flaws, I know they are there, but if you want to help out, please do):

Orion Burger

Samorost 2

The Last Express

The Neverhood

Enjoy;)
rented mule

Post by rented mule »

Let's see more, Jonatan. Anything new? C'mon. It's been a few minutes. More, more, more!
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

rented mule wrote:Let's see more, Jonatan. Anything new? C'mon. It's been a few minutes. More, more, more!
[b]Forum Rules. READ BEFORE POST.[/b] wrote:4) Be nice to each other [...]. Profanity and insults will not be tolerated. ..."
rented mule

Post by rented mule »

LordHoto wrote:
rented mule wrote:Let's see more, Jonatan. Anything new? C'mon. It's been a few minutes. More, more, more!
[b]Forum Rules. READ BEFORE POST.[/b] wrote:4) Be nice to each other [...]. Profanity and insults will not be tolerated. ..."
I'm pretty sure the exception supersedes the general rule.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

rented mule wrote:I'm pretty sure the exception supersedes the general rule.
I'm pretty sure your behavior in your latest posts in this topic was not too nice. Also I do not see any "exception", which superseeds this rule to be honest, but you might want to clarify what you are talking about. If it's the (IMHO) lame attempt of a "joke" in your latest post then definitly not.

As you might see from the other users responses, Jonatan's initial question whether there is any progress was not seen as a "pestering" at all, very unlike what your post tired to be.

Unlike your post he just asked for news and not for "more, more, more!", i.e. he just was interested in whether there is *any* progress and not "when will you be done?????? it takes ages please work harder!".

Anyway take this as a modertorial WARNING. In case you have personal problems with how Jonatan behaves, just ignore his posts or solve it in private. It is just annoying to get this kind of posts, because two people might have problems with each other.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Jonatan wrote:Enjoy;)
Looks good (to a non-graphics person like me, anyway).
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

MeddlingMonk wrote:
Jonatan wrote:Enjoy;)
Looks good (to a non-graphics person like me, anyway).
Glad to hear it. Now, let's just hope CHAOSMAN gets that Grim Fandango poster scanned soon:)
rented mule

Post by rented mule »

LordHoto wrote:
rented mule wrote:I'm pretty sure the exception supersedes the general rule.
I'm pretty sure your behavior in your latest posts in this topic was not too nice. Also I do not see any "exception", which superseeds this rule to be honest, but you might want to clarify what you are talking about. If it's the (IMHO) lame attempt of a "joke" in your latest post then definitly not.
That's what happens when you assume things.
As you might see from the other users responses, Jonatan's initial question whether there is any progress was not seen as a "pestering" at all, very unlike what your post tired to be.
No, I'm afraid that this is a classic case of giving the regulars a break while giving the non-regulars no break at all. As a moderator you should be impartial and not decide that one way of pestering is okay and another way of pestering is wrong.
Unlike your post he just asked for news and not for "more, more, more!", i.e. he just was interested in whether there is *any* progress and not "when will you be done?????? it takes ages please work harder!".
Again, this is interpretation. I know that the moderator's job is to find the fine line and make sure nobody crosses it but you have to make sure that you're impartial at the same time and not giving members that contribute more to the forum a bigger break that those that don't. People interpret things differently...if a friend of mine and a stranger said the exact same thing, I too would probably feel inclined to give me friend a break and not the stranger.
Anyway take this as a modertorial WARNING. In case you have personal problems with how Jonatan behaves, just ignore his posts or solve it in private. It is just annoying to get this kind of posts, because two people might have problems with each other.
I'm just pointing out the double-standards that are becoming evident on this forum board.