LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

rented mule wrote:I'm just pointing out the double-standards that are becoming evident on this forum board.
So what do you really expect us to do when flames like these start? Pat people in the back and encourage them to continue?
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Ah the classic problem-with-authority poster. If you don't like how the forums are moderated then just don't visit/post there. Why do people feel the need to educate the moderators on the way the forums are moderated even though it's not going to make a difference?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

rented mule wrote:As a moderator you should be impartial and not decide that one way of pestering is okay and another way of pestering is wrong.
Seeing the reactions from all the other people commenting after Jonatan's post it should be pretty obvious that Jonatan's post was not seen as pestering at all, thus this is not "okay" pestering, but no pestering. In case you disagree with that, fine with me, I just ask you to abstain from trying to start some annoying flamewar because of this.

Anyway as someone put it nicely:
MusicallyInspired wrote: Ah the classic problem-with-authority poster. If you don't like how the forums are moderated then just don't visit/post there. Why do people feel the need to educate the moderators on the way the forums are moderated even though it's not going to make a difference?
I just can agree.

IMHO Jonatan's post was no pestering (and not only IMHO as you can see from the other posts on this topic, also from non-moderators), your post was just a lame attempt to flame Jonatan, because you dislike his attitude, so if you just wanted the moderators to say "Stop it Jonatan." then it's really a childish way to do so.

Anyway I'm sick of this discussion, if you dislike my opinion, fine. Just dislike it, but don't except that this way your behavior in this forum will be ignored by the moderators.

And after all if you think I'm talking total bullshit, I have no problem with it. I'm having a problem with all that childish flaming of users, because they think some other users break the rules and the moderators do not take any action. If you think something goes wrong I'm having no problem with a nice and friendly discussion about this. But I do have a major problem in just flaming the others by doing, what you think they are doing wrong, yourself.

IMHO that's not even an acceptable way of "proofing" that the moderators are biased. After all that lame flame attempt will make several people pissed (including yourself after the inevitable answers from the others).

So long text made short:

If you think we as moderators are biased, fine with me. I do no think this is the case btw..

If you think you need to show the world, that the world (or in this case this forum) is no real fair place by starting some flamewar, then I'm not fine with it and I ask you to abstain from doing so.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

I know politics are a forbidden subject here, but there's a good political maxim that has sprung to mind for some reason: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Or am I being too sly?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

I'd like to add a little piece of wisdom myself. It's:

CHILL!

Oh, c'mon, so Jonatan was interested if there's any new stuff, the mule threw a bit of sarcasm into the mix, and now all this? It's not like asking about the status of the project pisses me off, since I'm doing this for free and I feel that people are taking this for granted (which I don't think). Please, ignore all the posts that came after Jonatan's questions (except for his posters), and add my answer:

Sure, I've done plenty of new posters, but I'm keeping them all for myself, and don't let you guys know about them, so that I can cover my whole apartment with them and laugh maniacally, while dancing around a burning pile of more newly made posters, playing the bongos.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Oh, so you DID take that Voodoo lady's recommendations?

hehe :-D
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Laserschwert wrote:Sure, I've done plenty of new posters, but I'm keeping them all for myself, and don't let you guys know about them, so that I can cover my whole apartment with them and laugh maniacally, while dancing around a burning pile of more newly made posters, playing the bongos.
Dancing and playing the bongos, Gracie? :?
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Laserschwert wrote: Sure, I've done plenty of new posters, but I'm keeping them all for myself, and don't let you guys know about them, so that I can cover my whole apartment with them and laugh maniacally, while dancing around a burning pile of more newly made posters, playing the bongos.
You really are talented :D
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

They are... uhm... strap-on bongos. Which doesn't mean, that they're suitable for any sexual activities... I... think.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Laserschwert wrote:They are... uhm... strap-on bongos. Which doesn't mean, that they're suitable for any sexual activities... I... think.
Please, God, get the horrible pictures out of my head!!! :shock:
TheTrout

Post by TheTrout »

Jonatan wrote:The Neverhood
Oh man, if you can get the moire out that one, I'll be forever in your debt.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

TheTrout wrote:
Jonatan wrote:The Neverhood
Oh man, if you can get the moire out that one, I'll be forever in your debt.
Getting rid of the halftone pattern - not so hard. Keeping the sharpness - bit more work. But yes, working on it;) Just been really sick and have to get through some real work first:P
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

I took the liberty to take on the Neverhood poster (just a quick clean-up though).
alphaflight83

Post by alphaflight83 »

Your quick clean-ups are better than anything i could do ...
Really, i envy your Photoshop skills (and FFT tools ;) )

As always: Great work.