LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

It really would feel awkward for me if other people's money is involved. Plus, I don't think there's SO much detail in the FT-artwork, that a high-res-scan is really necessary... after all it's a very early CG-toon-shading-rendering.

By the way, sanguinehearts, whatever became of the four-person-cover from "The Dig"? Did you ever manage to get a good scan of the audiobook-cover? Maybe we can start collecting some scans for "The Dig" and "Full Throttle" so that I have some material to work with. I know, "Loom" is still on the list, but collecting scans takes some time, so you can't start too early.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Well I have the scans from the Adventurer of the cover somewhere, I also have the audiobook at home and I can scan that whenever I get home from university next. I'll try and collaborate all the stuff that I have currenntly over the next week or so and get it uploaded for you.
Rob
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Great, thanks!
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Dont look now, but your work is being featuerd on Kotaku!

Congrats Lasershwert :D
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Sweetness :)

Although the misconception that I made the Indy-poster makes me think... should I turn the other artworks into movie-poster-fakes as well?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Sweet Jesus, don't stop now!

But maybe you should credit the original artists under each poster?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Jonatan wrote:But maybe you should credit the original artists under each poster?
Definitely.

But for now, I'll focus on touching up the artwork first. Thanks to Sanguinehearts for the Dig-Adventurer. After some initial clean-up and quick color correction it already looks promising:

(Click for big preview)

It looked reather dull (color-wise) and detail-less at first, but after the color correction I'd say that this is probably the best quality version of the artwork I've seen. Sadly the paper-quality of the Adventurer isn't the best, so it's all wrinkled. I definitely need more scans of the artwork to make a new (and better) version of this.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Nice!
It would be great to possibly create a version with all 4 astronauts, and then perhaps use it to create a better copy of the actual released dig poster.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

sanguinehearts wrote:Nice!
It would be great to possibly create a version with all 4 astronauts, and then perhaps use it to create a better copy of the actual released dig poster.
That was my exact plan, and that's why I need more scans of the Dig-artwork, to clean this sucker up...
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I just emailled Bill Eaken again to see if he will search around for the Dig art and possibly the rebel assault poster.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Do you know if this is the original poster?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0354675032
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

The Madventurer wrote:Do you know if this is the original poster?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0354675032
It's definitely not a print of my version, as this one has the correct size and the Lucasfilm Games copyright in the lower right corner (which I've removed). I'd say it's the real deal.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Yeah thats 100% real, you can trust Petr
He's got an incredible collection of Lucas games

Id put my life on that poster being real.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Im looking for a scan of the English Monkey Island 1 Sega CD manual, Im trying to collect the artwork for MI1 so I can help produce a logo-less poster from it. So far with low res scans of the segacd manual and some of the fmtowns artwork I have been able to create a quick test

This can be seen here, but bear in mind Ive not spent any real time with this.

Admittedly it looks pretty rough still, but getting good scans will definately help fill in some of the missing parts, Its got to be worth it :D

Rob
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I couldnt sleep last night so I attempted to create a poster for Escape From Monkey Island, I think it came out alright,
Its a quick re-touch of some of the areas, followed by a noise reduction, then an upscale with some original texture preserved, this was then followed by a little crappy photoshop filter to fake some brush strokes.

Enjoy: escape-poster.rar - 13.2 Mb