Lucasarts posters

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clem

Post by clem »

Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Great, thanks for that! At least now I can get rid of the "Mindbenders"-title.

It looks like those magazine guys clone-brushed the hell out of the artwork themselves... the bread and especially the bottom left look terrible! I'll see if I can do a better job than that.

The lower eges (below the sticker and the newspaper on the left, and the oxygen-tank on the right) are now finished, I've painted them in myself. And I think I'm gonna use an image from the newspaper that came with the game on the newspaper in the corner. Tiny, but necessary. Almost there!
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

Laserschwert wrote:Great, thanks for that! At least now I can get rid of the "Mindbenders"-title.

It looks like those magazine guys clone-brushed the hell out of the artwork themselves... the bread and especially the bottom left look terrible! I'll see if I can do a better job than that.

The lower eges (below the sticker and the newspaper on the left, and the oxygen-tank on the right) are now finished, I've painted them in myself. And I think I'm gonna use an image from the newspaper that came with the game on the newspaper in the corner. Tiny, but necessary. Almost there!
Wooa, you're sure a fast worker! And I'm sure it'll look good, you did a wonderful job with the other posters.
clem

Post by clem »

Laserschwert wrote:It looks like those magazine guys clone-brushed the hell out of the artwork themselves... the bread and especially the bottom left look terrible! I'll see if I can do a better job than that.
Although it makes me wonder what kind of photoshopping software they had in 1994.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

clem wrote:
Laserschwert wrote:It looks like those magazine guys clone-brushed the hell out of the artwork themselves... the bread and especially the bottom left look terrible! I'll see if I can do a better job than that.
Although it makes me wonder what kind of photoshopping software they had in 1994.
Version 2.5.1 was released in 1993... version 3.0 wasn't released before September of 1994, and since the magazine is the March issue, PS3 would not have been out by then. But you're right, I doubt that 2.5.1 had the clone brush already, since even layers weren't in there before 3.0

Edit:

DONE!!!

You can get the big thing HERE (60x80cm @ 200dpi)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

very, very nice laserschwert! wasn't the bread supposed to be on top, or did I miss something?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Yeah, but I didn't find any pictures of the whole thing, so I just dropped the idea.
Espiox

Post by Espiox »

Very nice Laserschwert! Looking forward to the Adventurer cover too.
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

Since I really wanted to learn Inkscape and I want to have a DOTT poster in landscape format (or whatever you call it) I've put this together. Though I still need to remove the shades from the characters as I want it too look more like the cover art. Not sure there is any interest in this, but I felt like sharing it anyway.

Thanks a lot Laserschwert for the EPS files of the characters and the logo! :-)

raina

Post by raina »

Great work Laserschwert but am I missing something, why is the rest of the game title now missing from the poster entirely? I mean I understand that it looked different in the different versions of the image and probably wasn't as "finished" but why not fix the issue and give us the artist's (your) rendition of how it should look? Now it's like:

"Zak McKracken. -Sorry, who?"

When it could be:

"Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders. -That sounds like fun!"

It's like Monkey Island without a Secret, a Day without a Tentacle. Somehow it feels like looking at an INDY4 poster with "The Fate of Atlantis" removed. I don't mean to complain but am I alone with these feelings? :wink:
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

raina wrote:It's like Monkey Island without a Secret, a Day without a Tentacle. Somehow it feels like looking at an INDY4 poster with "The Fate of Atlantis" removed. I don't mean to complain but am I alone with these feelings? :wink:
Yeah, I agree. It still looks good, though :)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I guess the whole point of the project was to have clean coverart, i.e. like a painting for making posters, anyone who would be interested in these propably knows that zak is going to encounter some alien mindbenders at some point;) I, for one, love the paintings without all that text, it's much more like an actual picture, if somebody really wanted the text there they could always add it in themselves. Photoshop ain't that hard to figure out.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

To be honest, if it was possible, I would've made a version without the "Zak McKracken"-text as well, since - as Jonatan said - the idea is to provide a clean version of the artwork.

That's why I've erased the logo from my "Hit the Road"-artwork, and the "2" from the "LeChuck's Revenge"-poster.

People who are going to put this thing up to their walls are probably die-hard fans anyway, and it's highly unlikely that they are like "Zak McKracken... and the... uhm... what was it again?"

I understand your point though... so, HERE you are. ;)
Last edited by Laserschwert on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Laserschwert wrote:People who are going to put this thing up to their walls are probably die-hard fans anyway, and it's highly unlikely that they are like "Zak McKracken... and the... uhm... what was it again?"
But, it feels that the "and the Alien Mindbenders" is part of a clean poster. It's part of the title.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

But the point was to have the clean artwork, not the text:) to see as much of the original painting as possible