Lucasarts posters

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

raina

Post by raina »

Looks nice. I understand you were going for the pure artwork, there's an interesting atmosphere in the S&M poster without any text for example. But still, if I was to decorate my walls with game posters, I'd probably still choose ones with the titles on them. Anyway, this stuff's golden and it should really be archived online properly, Rapidshare only means trouble.

Quick point to Jonatan: Not everybody has Photoshop.

Laserschwert, another angle: if it wasn't for Zak's near-legendary title, I wouldn't know anything about any mindbenders, alien or domestic. I've never really played the game, see. And what about the friends of the die-hard fans who don't know the games (yet and should be punished for that but are let of the hook as they promise to educate themselves a bit in front of a classic adventure game instead of numbing their brain with title X on the next generation console Y)? :wink: That's who to I'd be showing off my posters.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

But, isn't the title part of the poster?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Quick point to raina:
Then you should try Gimp(http://www.gimp.org/).
Increadibly enough, it's totally free;)

edit; And, asuming you speak to your friends, you could propably tell them the full title of the game when they are totally intrigued by this never-before-heard-of Zak guy hanging on your wall.

update; I ran this through the engine at http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/ and it actually turned out pretty nice, although there are a few errors that need correcting, I'll have a go at cleaning it up tomorrow if nobody more competent volunters in the meantime. Also, if anyone has/can provide a higher res scan, that would be great.
http://folk.ntnu.no/bjarner/Laserschwer ... turer8.svg
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Wow! I missed this all because I've just spent the a considerable amount of time travelling back to university but thank you Laserschwert.
I'm stunned at how fast you actually work
Thanks once again.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Just ask yourselves how difficult it would be to re-add the sections of the poster such as the 'and the alien mindbenders' and think of the work it took to get rid of it.

Even with sam and max you could easily vectorize the logo's from the mojo art box and just add them over the top.
raina

Post by raina »

I actually know GIMP pretty well. I guess what my point should really have been about was that I'd rather have the final image coming from somebody who without doubt knows what they're doing and hang that on the wall instead of some half-DIY stuff.

@clone2727: I think it's part of the poster too, but not necessarily a part of a painting/picture which is what the guys seem to be after here. Ideally there'd be both options available, with full title and with no title. But it seems with Zak "half a title" is the closest thing to no title because of the available source material.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Laserschwert are you aware of anything missing from MM? I've still got some time on my hands to do some searching.
I was only thinking so that when you start it your not waiting for material :)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Great posters Laserschwert, very nice work! 8)

As this thread has become quite huge, I took the liberty of editing the first post and added the links to Laserschwert's excellent posters there, so it'll be easier for other people to find them, instead of searching through this whole thread
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Would be cool if someone could make a sticky requesting sourcematerial for posters as well, if that's not too much.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Jonatan wrote:Would be cool if someone could make a sticky requesting sourcematerial for posters as well, if that's not too much.
not sure if thats likely, as these dont have much to do with the ScummVM project, never know though :)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

yea, that's what i thought:)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I've just printed these out on my universities A3 colour laser printer, Then Ive had them laminated. They look beautiful and Im on my way to get some blu-tac :D
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I was just looking through the adventurer magazines on lucasarts museum, also looking at the Dig museum site. turns out that the original painting was edited to cut out the fourth guy on the retail box, This other guy is on the magazine cover. I'd love to be able to splice him back in there :)
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

No one's stopping you ;-)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

we'll see, maybe one day
I have a lot more tinkering to do before then.
is there a particular filter you use to help increase image size without too many side effects?