I don't get this...

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pinkfloyd789

I don't get this...

Post by pinkfloyd789 »

That in the description of the Junkyard it says all "inane chatter goes here" but everybody that writes an "inane" question or comment gets their topic locked and then scolded.For some crazy reason I thougt inane ment "lacking sense, significance, or ideas". My post is probably going to be locked, but as a "rebel" I've got to find out why.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The topics that usually get locked are warez-related ones, or senseless flame wars. I don't understand where you got this idea from... Care to give an example? Or are you just making this all up to make an impression?

Looking at the threads in the Junkyard, the ones I see locked are:
- A guy asking for a SymbianOS Series 60 developer (which was outside of ScummVM's scope, hence locked)
- A post giving details on why some DVD players stop playing DVDs and act as CD-ROMs
- Someone asking where to download games illegally
- Someone else asking to play Super Nintendo games
- Someone asking how to run a game not supported by ScummVM, with a poll attached to the thread having 2 options: the game's name and "hi"
- Someone asking to share games illegally
- Another one advertising a warez site
- Someone asking for support for Touche (which has been supported for some time, the thread was then redirected to a relevant topic)

... and that's it. Those are the only threads locked out of over 300+ threads in a 3-year time period. Can you please justify why "everybody that writes an "inane" question or comment gets their topic locked and then scolded", cause it's obviously not the case, unless, as I said, you're trying to make an impression.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

What *is* true however is that sometimes the tone in this forum turns to rude very quickly. Instead of "innocent until proven guilty", the attitude is a bit too often "guilty until proven innocent". When it comes to posts which smell as if they are warez related, I do understand that. But in general, I advice being friendly and polite in the first reply. Still enough time to turn rough later on ;-). And no I don't claim to be a role model in that regard 8)
GrubbySeismic

Post by GrubbySeismic »

Hoopefully experience will be the name they give to their mistake
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

GrubbySeismic wrote:Hoopefully experience will be the name they give to their mistake
If you have something solid to say, do say it, I'm all ears