All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

M. Stone

Post by M. Stone »

Hi there!

I know this thread might be bending the rules a little bit, as I'm going to "advertise" another website here, but please read on before thinking about deleting this post:

I'm a Research Assistant at the University of Bonn and we are conducting a series of studies on computer and video games, especially geared towards the relationship between the player and his or her avatar and the storylines most modern games feature.

That's why I'd like you to participate in an online questionnaire today. It'll only take you 10 to 15 minutes (I know, everyone says that - but it's true with our study!) and you'll greatly help us with our research.

>> http://www.medienfest.de/survey-avatars/index.php

The questionnaire is in English, so no worries. And it's completely anonymous, we won't save any data other than the one you are providing us with.

Thank you for your participation!

Oh, and please refrain from discussing specific questions or opinions in this thread: it might influence other readers and thus skew the data. Thanks again!
SithlordDK

Post by SithlordDK »

...eine weitere Killerspiel Studie :P ?

Edit: Spaß bei Seite... ne gute Umfrage.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

SithlordDK wrote:...eine weitere Killerspiel Studie :P ?

Forum Rule 12
M. Stone

Post by M. Stone »

clone2727 wrote:
SithlordDK wrote:...eine weitere Killerspiel Studie :P ?

Forum Rule 12
Apparently, SithlordDK thought that a German top level domain indicated a German Research Assistant (which isn't wrong, by the way ;)).

To answer the question: It's NOT a survey to determine whether video games do provide a reason for aggressive behavior. In fact, most of the time, those studies make me way more aggressive than any game could...
clem

Post by clem »

Hannibal Lecter wrote: A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
sorry, couldn't resist that one :)