Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jbwise

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

Post by jbwise »

Can this game be supported
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jbwise wrote:Can this game be supported
A combat flight simulator? That's way outside the scope of ScummVM. You may want to try DOSBox instead.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Sigh, will people even at least try to understand that this project is about point'n'click adventure games... I mean, it's right there on top of the main web page. And there is a FAQ too... it takes much less time to read that than create a new forum account and ask questions like this

sigh again :?
doc labyrinth

Post by doc labyrinth »

Do you think Halo will ever be supported?

:P
clem

Post by clem »

doc labyrinth wrote:Do you think Halo will ever be supported?

Definitely! Like Far Cry, it is an adventure game where you have to point and click! (and the textures are probably in 2D, too)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Sorry, but the development of our Halo engine is stalled. We are currently polishing the DOOM and SimCity 2000 engines, and work on Civ 2 & Tetris support has just begun, so Halo moved a bit further down on the list
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fingolfin wrote:Sorry, but the development of our Halo engine is stalled. We are currently polishing the DOOM and SimCity 2000 engines, and work on Civ 2 & Tetris support has just begun, so Halo moved a bit further down on the list
FYI, Tetris is already finished as part of AGI engine.

Eugene
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

sev wrote:
fingolfin wrote:Sorry, but the development of our Halo engine is stalled. We are currently polishing the DOOM and SimCity 2000 engines, and work on Civ 2 & Tetris support has just begun, so Halo moved a bit further down on the list
FYI, Tetris is already finished as part of AGI engine.

Eugene
Oh come on, the Sims implemention is on top of that list for ages now :-/
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Too bad you don't support SCI, I've always loved Jones in the Fast Lane far more than Sims :D

What about that Dune 2 thing you mentioned a while back on the news page? I'd play that on my mobile :D
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Noelemahc wrote:Too bad you don't support SCI, I've always loved Jones in the Fast Lane far more than Sims :D

What about that Dune 2 thing you mentioned a while back on the news page? I'd play that on my mobile :D
They pulled you leg there, twas an Aprils fools joke

Nothing was done, nothing worked, they completely pulled it out the blue sky

[VERY BIG WINK, WINK ;-)]
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

Raziel wrote:
Noelemahc wrote:What about that Dune 2 thing you mentioned a while back on the news page? I'd play that on my mobile :D
They pulled you leg there, twas an Aprils fools joke

Nothing was done, nothing worked, they completely pulled it out the blue sky
Not completely out of the blue, as they reportedly did use ScummVM code to extract the graphics for the semi-fake screenshots. In all fairness, the Dune II engine does share many technologies (most notably in this case, graphics formats) with the Kyrandia engine. But of course that doesn't make Dune II a point-and-click adventure game.
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Raziel, good way to spoil the mood of the play in this thread. Where's your sensahumor? B-sides, I named about the only game in there that actually was claimed to be supported soon :P So there.
luigihann

Post by luigihann »

clem wrote:
doc labyrinth wrote:Do you think Halo will ever be supported?

Definitely! Like Far Cry, it is an adventure game where you have to point and click! (and the textures are probably in 2D, too)
"Although admittedly the only puzzle is 'use gun on man'." :lol:
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Actually, no. There's also a few cases of "push button", "pull lever" and the occasional "talk to Valerie" moment. :D
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Noelemahc wrote:Raziel, good way to spoil the mood of the play in this thread. Where's your sensahumor? B-sides, I named about the only game in there that actually was claimed to be supported soon :P So there.
My sense of humour is there, all the way, man, did you see my VERY, BIG WINK, WINK? :-)

Of course *I* was pulling your leg with my post
and of course they DID make some of the gfx viewable of DuneII.

;-)

Mr. Fawlty voice: "Just trying to enjoy myself!" :-D