Broken Sword 3

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Larraq312

Broken Sword 3

Post by Larraq312 »

Hello I'm new to the forums but I have been useing ScummVM for quite a while. In fact that is how I learned about Broken Sword. I have played through the first 2 games and I really love them, and then I heard that there was a 3rd I went and picked it up. The only problem is is that my computer is too new I guess. I tried to run it on vista (64-bit) but after I install it it asks me to restart the computer and when I do it just keeps asking the same thing and it continues to restart. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work by changeing the compatibility to reinstalling it. I even tried to load it on my g/f's computer who has xp and all it does is crash her computer when I try and play it. So does anyone know a work around I can do, or will ScummVM possible support it in the future? Or is there any other emulator I could use? Any help would be much appreciated.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword 3

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Revolution Software has a tech support page and a tech support forum. Perhaps you can find the answer there?

The chances that ScummVM will support Broken Sword 3 are probably as zero, or as close as to make no difference. ScummVM is targeted at 2D games, while Broken Sword 3 is a 3D game.

By the way, there is also a Broken Sword 4, but I haven't played it myself.
DoctorShark

If You Wanted To Know

Post by DoctorShark »

I think i might know the problem with xp i own BS3 and i know that you have to Reduce the audio hardware acceleration. To do this clickon on Start -> Run -> type dxdiag -> Sound -> Move the 'Hardware Sound Acceleration Level' slider down to 'Basic acceleration'. it's some weird bug as far as vista goes i'm not sure but after i did it with mine it worked perfectly
chrizkerr2

Post by chrizkerr2 »

Got afew problems with this game aswell, and have asked on the Revolution Chat forum aswell.

Basicly Iam trying to run the game on Vista (32bit) and the first problem I had was that I coulden't get past the Starforce Stuff, but I managed too in the end... But then when I load the game up all I get is a black screen and have to Ctrl + Alt + Del out of it...

If anyone knows how I can fix this, I would be greatly thankfull.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

chrizkerr2 wrote:If anyone knows how I can fix this, I would be greatly thankfull.
This is complete off-topic. Even for the Junkyard forum.

Eugene