Escape From Delirium

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DoctorShark

Escape From Delirium

Post by DoctorShark »

I played this game a while back and it has so many similarities with the Scumm engine is it possible this would be supported or could be?
clem

Re: Escape From Delirium

Post by clem »

DoctorShark wrote:I played this game a while back and it has so many similarities with the Scumm engine is it possible this would be supported or could be?
which similarities do you mean? apart from it being a point and click adventure game running under DOS I don't see many similarities
DoctorShark

Post by DoctorShark »

which similarities do you mean? apart from it being a point and click adventure game running under DOS I don't see many similarities[/quote]

1. The Main Character Is almost an exact copy of guybrush from Monkey Island 2-LeChuck's Revenge
2. The GUI looks too similar to a scumm GUI like Day Of The Tentacle Or Flight Of The Amazon Queen

that's what i think it has in common off the top of my head
spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

DoctorShark wrote:I played this game a while back and it has so many similarities with the Scumm engine is it possible this would be supported or could be?
If you're wondering if support is possible because this game should fit into ScummVM's "scope" -- the answer may be yes, as apparently it is a point-and-click graphic adventure (I am not personally familiar with this title).

However, the more important question has to do with how it might come to be supported -- despite superficial similarities, this game is not a SCUMM game, and therefore runs on a separate engine that would have to be implemented into ScummVM. As has been gone over countless times on these forums, ScummVM is not an emulator, and every supported game engine either reverse-engineered and implemented by a developer, except in the cases where code was opened and thus RE-ing was not necessary.

So, in short, could "Escape from Delirium" be supported someday? I guess so, in the sense that it is the type of game that ScummVM is focused on. But will it be supported? Only if the resources become available AND a development team member is interested enough to implement it.
DoctorShark

Post by DoctorShark »

oh ok thanks if you wanted to take a look at it there is abandonia review of it if you want
clem

Post by clem »

DoctorShark wrote:oh ok thanks if you wanted to take a look at it there is abandonia review of it if you want
that page is always a bit of a problem since they offer the games for download - mobygames has a page as well, with some screenshots:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/escape-from-delirium