Hopkins FBI

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dr.zeissler

Post by dr.zeissler »

ok ist angekommen, dann setze ich halt auf die native os/x-version

wenn ihr weiter wachsen wollt müsst ihr früher oder später auch freesci integrieren, dann gibt es wieder VIEL neuen stoff.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

english only m8...
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

dr.zeissler wrote:if there are enough people who would buy the mac-os/x version, then a scummvm support will not be needed, but if the game is supported by scumm it will be sold even better than a mac-os version only.
How can a game supported by Scumm even sell better? And with fingolfin also stated that it won't be supported by Scumm, unless the source is provided and someone is willing to go ahead and code it for scumm (and at the moment non of the scummpeople seems interested in it).
I can see it happening if the original creators would put the game into 'public domain' as Revolution did with BASS and Renegade with FOTAQ and providing the code..

(I emailed him, so hopefully he will give an answer)
hmmm.. just consider it abandoneware, as none of the emailadresses on their site works, even the email adresses which the site is registered to work (eaglesland.com). So even if someone would want to legally resell it, there is no way he could do it..
dr.zeissler

Post by dr.zeissler »

This is the person in charge:
adamchall@polyex.com

and my contact person.
he (his firm) has the rights of hopkinsfbi for OS/2 BeOS and Mac.

No Windows/no Linux !!

this is why i am interested in a mac os/x port but i would prefer
a scumm-version because then you can play it on every system.

i think the old win/lin distributor is history.

doc
clem

Post by clem »

dr.zeissler wrote:wenn ihr weiter wachsen wollt müsst ihr früher oder später auch freesci integrieren, dann gibt es wieder VIEL neuen stoff.

(if you want to grow further you'll have to integrate freesci sooner or later, then there'll be a LOT of new stuff)
this is not about growing or reaching some kind of business goal or market penetration - engines get added if people are interested enough to do the reverse engineering and/or programming needed
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

dr.zeissler wrote:This is the person in charge:
adamchall@polyex.com

and my contact person.
he (his firm) has the rights of hopkinsfbi for OS/2 BeOS and Mac.

No Windows/no Linux !!

this is why i am interested in a mac os/x port but i would prefer
a scumm-version because then you can play it on every system.

i think the old win/lin distributor is history.

doc
The win/lin version is (well, was) distributed by the creators themselves, not some other company who bought rights for releasing it on another platform. so if anyone could put it in 'public domain' it would be them, not polyex.