Gobliiins 4

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Wintermute

Gobliiins 4

Post by Wintermute »

This is very good news for all you Gobli(ii)ns Fans out there. There is a new game in production, this time in 3D:
http://www.gobliiins4.com/

On the site you can already watch the trailer which feature some scenes of the game. Even in 3D they managed to keep the typical Goblins-Comic look. :D
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

I'm excited. I've always loved the goblins series. Hopefully the transition to 3D doesn't bug me too much. I loved the rich colors and designs in the 2D games. These 3D areas look a bit blander to me.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Er... isn't Woodruff Goblins 4?
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

No. It's just been called Goblins 4 by the fans since it's by the same people. Story- and game-wise it's completely different.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

website isn't english, does that meen there wont be an english release?
clem

Post by clem »

PsYcO wrote:website isn't english, does that meen there wont be an english release?
quoth wikipedia:
"Since 2004, Pierre Gilhodes been independently developing the fourth game in the series – "Gobliiins 3D". "Gobliiins 3D" is a direct sequel to the first game. "Gobliiins 3D" was supposed to be launched by the end of April 2007. So far, no distributor has acquired the rights for distributing the game."

maybe they wait for a distributor to fork over the money for a translation
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

What I understand from the end of the description page is that it will be available in french, english and german.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Excellent. In any case, I can't imagine it would be all that hard to translate it if it's going to be faithfull to the spirit of the original games. Part of the charm of the series has always been that it wasn't big on text - it was mucking around with objects with your characters and seeing what happened.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

An email (in shakey english) from the website told me that a US release would be coming in a few months. So I can safely assume a fully english version will be available.

To anyone who wants to read the site, just go load it up in babelfish.altavista.com - you can translate just about any major language to another language, and even actively browse.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I didn't even notice the site was not in english :wink:
For anyone who do not speaks french, in the product description section it is written the game will be available in french, in english and in german. So yes, I think there is no doubt an english version will be available.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

I personally prefer the 2D graphics of old, the models shown in the video don't seem as good to me. Hopefully it'll be released in the UK (pref not just as a digital download) and it'll be worth it :)
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

any news on this?
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

Nothing has changed on the site yet. I wouldnt expect anything until August or later.
n0n4m3

Post by n0n4m3 »

Hi,
I was (am) a big fan of gobliiins and just found about this new sequel. Sent an e-mail today asking for an english version and they answered that there will be one in November or later so.. I guess we (the ones who want the english version) will have to wait a bit more :\
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

He mentioned at one point that the new game was going to be called "Goblïnoids" which, given the naming scheme of the series, I took as meaning that one of the presumed two goblins in the game would be two-headed. Could have made for some fun jokes, I guess.

I'm glad though that he's returned to the original trio, sort of brings the series back to the roots. Looks great, can't wait to try it out (once it's released in English).