Coktel games

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Desperado

Coktel games

Post by Desperado »

goblins series, ween: the prophecy, bargon attack, the last dinasty... but what about coktel games such as Fascination, Geisha or the Inca series? Are their engines very different to the supported?
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

I'd also like to know about that !!

I have an extra copy of 'Lost in Time' CD Version
- if one of the developers is interested in it
I would be happy to send it to you.

thanks kosuan
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Yes, the engine is the same
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

clone2727 wrote:Yes, the engine is the same
aha !!

so, - whom do I have to bribe that 'Lost in Time' gets supported ??
Or 'Inca I', if this is easier to do.

ko
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

+ differences of yet unknown magnitude. :)
kosuan wrote:so, - whom do I have to bribe that 'Lost in Time' gets supported ??
Me, I guess. ;)
But: My current plan is: clean-up => Goblins 3 => more clean-up => Woodruff and the Schnibble => more clean-up
The others would have to wait. Also, no support at all is planned for Emmanuelle, Geisha and Fascination.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Woodruff actually is the only Coktel game I ever played, (together with my cousin). Back then, the original exe was very buggy (we had no patches or anything like that, if there happen to be any). I recall that we repeatedly managed to crash the game, and in one case found a 100% reproducable way to get stuck in a situation were the only way to recover was to exit the game; but since the games menu was not reachable anymore, either, that meant using the reset button, or an external helper application. Ahhh, those were the days... :-)

Nevertheless, I really would love to play this one again. So, DrMcCoy, your timeline has my full official approval *lol*.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

fingolfin wrote:Nevertheless, I really would love to play this one again. So, DrMcCoy, your timeline has my full official approval *lol*.
I'm honoured, M'Lord. *bows*
;)
Collector

Post by Collector »

Thank you for you work with the Coktel Vision games, DrMcCoy. These games (at least the CD versions) have always been real buggers to get going right. Goblins 3 and Woodruff are my two favorite Coktel Vision games. I hope that you can get to Lost in Time sometime. No pressure, though. Again, thanks.
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

DrMcCoy wrote:
+ differences of yet unknown magnitude. :)
kosuan wrote:so, - whom do I have to bribe that 'Lost in Time' gets supported ??
Me, I guess. ;)
But: My current plan is: clean-up => Goblins 3 => more clean-up => Woodruff and the Schnibble => more clean-up
The others would have to wait. Also, no support at all is planned for Emmanuelle, Geisha and Fascination.

Ah - that is good news !! So I don't have to send bribes overseas ...

I haven't played Woodruff yet, so this is also fine for me.
And now comes springtime and I have other things to do also...
Lost in Time I loved very much because of the motion-capture scenes and the plot.
It is about time -traveling and such things. But: I don't get this (damn) CD-version running in Dosbox.
Really disappointing.
Inca is really weird. It's about space-traveling and saving the world (what else...).
And it has lots of Action sequences too. But weird.
If you don't have it yet: Get it !!

So, enough bribing for today
thank you for answering me -

ko.
fac

Post by fac »

DrMcCoy wrote: Also, no support at all is planned for Emmanuelle, Geisha and Fascination.
Is it because they are adult games?
Fascination is a more mature adventure, but nothing else. And it already works in ScummVM (until the copy protection).
Last edited by fac on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mim

Post by Mim »

kosuan wrote:Lost in Time I loved very much because of the motion-capture scenes and the plot. It is about time -traveling and such things. But: I don't get this (damn) CD-version running in Dosbox.
I managed to run Lost in Time in DOSBox but I tested only beginning of the game. Some players reported that it later crashes at several points during motion-capture scenes.
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

Mim wrote:
kosuan wrote:Lost in Time I loved very much because of the motion-capture scenes and the plot. It is about time -traveling and such things. But: I don't get this (damn) CD-version running in Dosbox.
I managed to run Lost in Time in DOSBox but I tested only beginning of the game. Some players reported that it later crashes at several points during motion-capture scenes.

Oh - that's sounds good !!!
How did you manage it ? Installed it with Dosbox from CD
or did you first install the game an then started it in Dosbox ??

I mostly use an GUI called 'DOSbox - Starter' and Win 98.
Help is really wellcomed, because I'm loosing my nerves on it.

ko.
Collector

Post by Collector »

kosuan wrote:I mostly use an GUI called 'DOSbox - Starter' and Win 98.
Help is really wellcomed, because I'm loosing my nerves on it.
If you have Win 98, why not boot to DOS and play it in the OS that the game expects? Just be sure that you have your CD and soundcard drivers installed in DOS.
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

[/quote]If you have Win 98, why not boot to DOS and play it in the OS that the game expects? Just be sure that you have your CD and soundcard drivers installed in DOS.[/quote]

Ok - this option I have not tried yet.
In DOS - Mode of Win 98 there is not enough free Memory
for this game.

Also I will need an Dos- Mousedriver and Extended Memory and I'm a complete novice on DOS.

But thanks anyway - I will try my best and see what will happen.

ko.
Mim

Post by Mim »

kosuan wrote:How did you manage it ? Installed it with Dosbox from CD or did you first install the game an then started it in Dosbox?
Try to mount CD with -ioctl. You should be able to install and start the game in DOSBox but it is probable that it will freeze during playing (for example after talking to Jarlath in the shipwreck), I read several reports about it on the games forums.