Pajama Sam 4: Life is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

danielg

Pajama Sam 4: Life is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff

Post by danielg »

Does anybody know if this title is usable on ScummVM? I don't know if it is just an HE game, or not.
As my boys are hooked to Humongous games, they would be very pleased if a new game became available.
I noticed the english version supports both Win and Mac, but the dutch translation by Transposia is Windows only...
My boys only understand dutch at the moment...

Daniel G.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Pajama Sam 4 was produced by Humongous Entertainment but used a different game engine (Yaga). So isn't usable under ScummVM, and there are no plans to add support in future.

As far as I know only a Windows version of Pajama Sam 4 was produced, since they sold the company that produced the Macintosh ports.

I would recommend avoiding Pajama Sam 4 and Putt Putt and Pep's Birthday Surprise games anyway, as the Yaga game engine doesn't perform as well (Even on fast systems) and the games aren't as well done or fun to play either.
danielg

Post by danielg »

Ah, thank you very much. I just ran into Putt Putt and Pep's Birthday Surprise and was about to ask the same...
It is a shame to hear those games as not nearly as nice as the other ones.
So it seems we do not have to hold our breaths for more HE games to arrive.
Thank you Kirben for your quick response.

Daniel.G.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

You may find list of Humongous Entertainment games here. Their last SCUMM-based game was released in 2003 (Backyard Soccer 2004) and in 2002 they switched to Yaga which is Python-based. Their last adventure game was produced in 2003 and since that they concentrated on Backyard Sports games, all last titles of which were all 3D. So, for my own regret, there could be no surprise findings.

Eugene