Apple iPhone support

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Now that the iPhone is out, when should I expect my port?!?!?!?!?!

- ANONYMOUS

P.S. Also forgot to logout before posting...
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Due to some unforeseen problems, we have had to slightly postpone the release of the iPhone port. In a nutshell, the Heisenberg compensators are still suffering from some quantum flux issues; but hopefully we'll receive a shipment of magnatomic flux chillers next week, which we can the couple with the various game engines (likely we'll start with the warp engine), to achieve the required RDF (Reality Distortion Field), and presto, it should work just fine!

After that, everything should be a piece of cake, maybe we'll have to short-circuit the internet via a positronic matrix or so, but again that should be rather trivial compared to the rest.

To put it in *even simpler word*, we just have to wait till hell freezes over and/or Steve changes his mind regarding 3rd party apps on the iPhone. Whatever will be first (but if I were I'd go and buy some *warm* blankets, just in case...)

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

fingolfin wrote:Due to some unforeseen problems, we have had to slightly postpone the release of the iPhone port. In a nutshell, the Heisenberg compensators are still suffering from some quantum flux issues; but hopefully we'll receive a shipment of magnatomic flux chillers next week, which we can the couple with the various game engines (likely we'll start with the warp engine), to achieve the required RDF (Reality Distortion Field), and presto, it should work just fine!

After that, everything should be a piece of cake, maybe we'll have to short-circuit the internet via a positronic matrix or so, but again that should be rather trivial compared to the rest.

To put it in *even simpler word*, we just have to wait till hell freezes over and/or Steve changes his mind regarding 3rd party apps on the iPhone. Whatever will be first (but if I were I'd go and buy some *warm* blankets, just in case...)

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!
its inevitable someone will find a way to hack it
behadul

Hack hack hack hack hack.

Post by behadul »

If you just made SCUMMVM an AJAX or Web 2.0 dealy, you wouldn't have to worry about it. Your iPhone would already support it...

...as would Safari running on OS X, Windows, Firefox on just about any computer alive, Opera, Netscape, Iceweasel, Camino, Mozilla, IE6, IE7, Konqueror, a PSP, most smartphones, that Opera DS cart in Japan...

...iPhones suck anyway (because of the lack of an SDK). Wait for the next one. The next one should support people making their own apps.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Re: Hack hack hack hack hack.

Post by PsYcO »

behadul wrote:If you just made SCUMMVM an AJAX or Web 2.0 dealy, you wouldn't have to worry about it. Your iPhone would already support it...

...as would Safari running on OS X, Windows, Firefox on just about any computer alive, Opera, Netscape, Iceweasel, Camino, Mozilla, IE6, IE7, Konqueror, a PSP, most smartphones, that Opera DS cart in Japan...

...iPhones suck anyway (because of the lack of an SDK). Wait for the next one. The next one should support people making their own apps.
but then piracy and data transfer speed would become an issue
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

fingolfin wrote:Heisenberg compensators
Transporter anyone?
fingolfin wrote:quantum flux issues
Flux Capacitor hasn't shipped with the iPhone yet... The neutrino matrix will be available within months I'm sure, however.
fingolfin wrote:(likely we'll start with the warp engine)
Too much Star Trek? DrMcCoy?
fingolfin wrote:positronic matrix
Data :lol:
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

clone2727 wrote:Too much Star Trek?
There's no such thing as too much Star Trek! Any more of that insolence and you'll spend the rest of this trip in the brig!

:lol:
bobablob

Post by bobablob »

when this capacitor will arriv? u guys no how 2 put dos on my i[hone for sierra?

whut iz yur problem is capacitor only issu?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

bobablob wrote:when this capacitor will arriv? u guys no how 2 put dos on my i[hone for sierra?

whut iz yur problem is capacitor only issu?
i hope your drunk
The Spoony Hou

Post by The Spoony Hou »

clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

The Spoony Hou wrote:http://grumpygamer.com/3090990
Yeah, but Fingolfin beat Ron to the joke. :wink:

Besides, see Ender's post on that page.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

behadul wrote:If you just made SCUMMVM an AJAX or Web 2.0 dealy, you wouldn't have to worry about it. Your iPhone would already support it...

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'. If I were human.

As it is, I am still wondering whether that was a flash of brilliant irony, or if it could be that he was actually... serious? Could it be? Fascinating... :?

+10 points for those who recognize the quote w/o looking it up on the net *g*
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

fingolfin wrote:+10 points for those who recognize the quote w/o looking it up on the net *g*
witch quote? i can only assume its the goto hell thing...
Schnaks

Post by Schnaks »

PsYcO wrote:witch quote? i can only assume its the goto hell thing...
The whole two sentences: “If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'. If I were human.”

Spoken by someone with pointy ears. ; )
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

fingolfin wrote:If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'. If I were human.
Spock from Star Trek VI when they are told to return to space dock. No brainer :wink:

But, doesn't Data say it in Star Trek: First Contact when Picard says they are going to Earth to help with the other Federation forces and says that they will be disobeying orders.