Requesting support for Purple Moon Games

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

audible

Requesting support for Purple Moon Games

Post by audible »

Hello team SCUMMVM,

Thank you for your dedicated and continued support for the SCUMMVM engine, which has allowed me to relive my childhood memories, particularly the Humongous Entertainment titles.

I earnestly request you to considering supporting the Purple Moon series games like Rockett and Secret Paths, in the upcoming releases of SCUMMVM.

Thank you,

Anura Guruge
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Requesting support for Purple Moon Games

Post by criezy »

It's nice to see that you were able to enjoy playing the Humongous Entertainment games using ScummVM.

Regarding the Purple Moon series, I am not aware of anybody working on those games currently, and as explained in FAQ 2.2 we don't take requests. Support for those games may eventually happen in the future, but only happen if there is a developer interested in working on those.
audible

Re: Requesting support for Purple Moon Games

Post by audible »

criezy wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:59 pm It's nice to see that you were able to enjoy playing the Humongous Entertainment games using ScummVM.
Not me, my daughters are thoroughly enjoying the Humongous games: my younger one is playing Putt-Putt & Freddi Fish, my elder one Pajama Sam & Spy Fox. Compared to the trash that is being currently marketed as kids videogames, these are an absolute treasure!
criezy wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:59 pm Regarding the Purple Moon series, I am not aware of anybody working on those games currently, and as explained in FAQ 2.2 we don't take requests. Support for those games may eventually happen in the future, but only happen if there is a developer interested in working on those.
Katie's done a bit of homework in getting them to play on newer systems, but it's still glitchy.
https://katiecadettech.wordpress.com/20 ... 10-64-bit/
I understand that you don't take requests, but should you get a chance, please do consider supporting these games. I'd hate to see such fine point-and-click titles lost in the mists of time.

Here's the link to the Purple Moon collection on archive.org, should anybody be willing to take it up:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=cr ... le+Moon%22