Extracting image files from Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Panda-Bandit

Extracting image files from Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop?

Post by Panda-Bandit »

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I've been working on extracting image files from Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop.

Using Supper's Humongous Entertainment resource ripper (viewtopic.php?t=13049), I've been able to extract all the audio tracks and voice clips. Additionally, some animation frames from the intro cut scene were exported as well as backgrounds, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for.

The way this game works is that you can place stickers on art projects, and each sticker is represented by a low quality sprite. When the project is actually printed, the sticker is in a much higher quality. I'm looking to extract specifically these higher quality images, but not sure how to go about it at this point.

Any suggestions?
Windows TV

Re: Extracting image files from Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop?

Post by Windows TV »

I don't think Supper's resource ripper is able to rip those type of graphics.

Humongous used two types of "sprite" in later games, a sprite that took on a similar compression to WIZ files and then another Sprite type that was internally called "sprite". Based on ScummVM's debugger it spits out a WizPolygon and Sprite ... I don't think the ripper can rip these. I am fairly sure it even has issues ripping stuff from Moonbase which uses similar image types.

If I recall there was some documentation on the ripper saying the One-Stops aren't supported and they don't know if they ever will be.

Sorry couldn't be much of help. You might be better off throwing SCVM into full screen mode and screenshotting the sprites you'd like.

EDIT: Not even ScummEX can read the assets, which makes me think it's the "Sprite" image(also this is without me going into HEX and double checking).
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Those stickers are in vector format. Somebody would need to borrow code from ScummVM and enhance that converter.
Windows TV

Post by Windows TV »

sev wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:28 am Those stickers are in vector format.
(HE)SCUMM had Vector capabilities? First time hearing that! I thought they were raster sprites to be honest