Director Games List

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

appoloin

Director Games List

Post by appoloin »

Has anyone ever found a complete list of games released that use the Director engine. There's the ScummVM wiki list (https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=Director/Games) and a few more can be found on MobyGames list (https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/ga ... -director/). I can add Rhem 1-4 to the list, so there must be other games missing.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Director Games List

Post by sev »

The list alone is not quite useful for us: somebody needs to look inside of the executable for string "Macromedia Director" and determine the Director version.

Eugene
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

Any tool suggestions?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Whatever works for you: search for "Macromedia Director" in the .exe file.

Eugene
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

I opened REHM.exe (first game, english version) in GHex, there was one occurrence of "Macromedia Director" but nothing near by that looked like a version number. I did find a shockwave 8 entry.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

We are not even looking into post-Director 6. So, I am not aware how to get the version number for Director 8. This game sounds like out of scope for ScummVM.

Eugene
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

Ok, the game does run in Wine so it still playable unlike some of the earlier Director games.
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

Hello! I've been meaning to post about this for a while. I have a copy of The Joy of Cooking CD-ROM, which is apparently from Simon & Shchuster Interactive and published by CompuWorks, "A GT Interactive Company". Opening JOY.EXE with a hex editor reveals it to be made with Director 6.0; the file is dated 09/17/1998.

It hardly seems worth making an account on the wiki to add this one entry, but it seems to me that it would be good to take a note of it.